Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New project...

Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Too many pages, has Jim announced his drone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    My guess is Jim is working on a new type of lens. The RPPs and RPZs were good, but they had conventional optics design.
    There are some new concepts out there like folded optics and liquid optics.
    These sort of lenses should save space, help you travel lighter, and save time changing lenses. They will obviously require some new electronics.
    You all will put deposits for those. Guaranteed by Jim.
    +1
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We are close...
    I have a wild guess. Are we going to get a great grading/delivery system, better than Scratch, Davinci Resolve and Baselight? Some system which can run 8K realtime in post?
    Independent filmmaker. Owner of a production/ post production studio, including creation of DCPs

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Too many pages, has Jim announced his drone yet?
    Drone? Mhhhh... near-space solar-powered autonomous drones providing internet to the whole world? What kind of drone Gavin?
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    Drone? Mhhhh... near-space solar powered autonomous drones providing internet to the whole world? What kind of drone Gavin?
    Yeah, got a design proposal for that too. Jim's running out of room to avoid my portfolio. Lol.

That was an interesting one to design though, as the air gets pretty thin. I have ways around it to. On a cheap ground based tower system I was working out how to service vast amounts of people from a small cheap tower using visible light (wireless back up for differing conditions). I forget, but could have been millions of connections to the one tower. As usdual, if I'm saying it its since been done by somebody else, for the community benefit, has become worthless, or there is a lot more cool stuff to it compared to what I'm talking.about, which is pretty cool anyway. :)
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #446 Not close... 
    No one is close. Some news will be posted pretty soon.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

How about a clue? Is it bigger than a breadbox? '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Suborbital and why not orbital super jets to replace Concorde and make the world smaller.
    Last edited by sam karr; 06-15-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    No one is close. Some news will be posted pretty soon.

Jim
    Quick, everyone think of any idea that is the opposite of everything in here
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

An alcohol that has no hangover effects at all.