Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 V-Lock Battery Module

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Have any of these started shipping? Thinking of going to way of Wooden Camera/Blueshape or Element Technica plate. Before I do would be nice to know if it is just around the corner or months away.
    Samir Patel
    instagram.com/patelimages

samir-patel.com

--
    profile photo courtesy @kris_tamburello
    Stealth Weapon-MG and EPIC-W with some vintage Contax-Zeiss and Leica-R goodness and some Canon and Nikon modern glass just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I'm wondering if this could be modified to mount the battery in low mode like the Wooden Camera mount? I.e making the battery attach lower so that we could use the top handle. I'm having a hard time deciding on getting this since it seems to unable me to use my Red bricks just like with the V-lock Expander.
    The bricks work only half well with the Vlock module. It has a limited Dtap port and as the Bricks have no power out you are kind of short in power if you ask me. Better get some batteries with more power outs.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I'm wondering if this could be modified to mount the battery in low mode like the Wooden Camera mount? I.e making the battery attach lower so that we could use the top handle. I'm having a hard time deciding on getting this since it seems to unable me to use my Red bricks just like with the V-lock Expander.
    I'm planning on putting the Wooden Camera rotating top handle on my Scarlet-W when it arrives. In addition to being rotatable, it also has a user friendly quick release, which ought to make transporting the camera mostly shoot ready pretty easy.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    I'm planning on putting the Wooden Camera rotating top handle on my Scarlet-W when it arrives. In addition to being rotatable, it also has a user friendly quick release, which ought to make transporting the camera mostly shoot ready pretty easy.
    I'm using the top handle while filming so I can't use it rotated. And I have the old top handle from my Epic which I can use, but the camera becomes too high and there's no room for a touchscreen attached to the camera. I hate this thing with the batteries. I've been waiting six months for the WC mount and now I'm seeing users having a lot of issues. I'm beginning to feel that I'm forced to buy totally new batteries because of this and it's so frustrating the problem even exists. Why couldn't Red just design this mount to work like the WC mount, with a lower mounting option so that Red bricks align with the camera body. I don't want to deal with WC anymore but I have no other choice if I'm gonna be able to use the top handle provided with my Weapon. Buying three new batteries might A) not fit the case I have for the camera and B) will cost me much more than just a mount that works.

Getting really tired over all of this.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test