Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NAB shipping update

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bergquist View Post
    ...would love to know the 8K pricing at NAB this year.
    is that still a secret? Thanks for reminding me to keep my mouth shut :)

It should cost $300k.

Looking forward to the show, hopefully there will be a moment in the madness to say hi.
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

The Southwest
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF

My wallet thanks you for not announcing another sensor this year, lol.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The more updates we give, and more dates we give out, the more opportunity there is for something to go wrong and break it. It's why most companies just shut the fuck up even when there are delays.
    And keeping completely silent while continually pushing back and then missing release dates didn't work out too well for a certain company who shall remain nameless. All I know is that a lot of guys who had preordered the certain other camera ended up switching to Ravens or Scarlet-W. I know that I had considered picking up a camera from them, but after the wait and terrible communication I said "Screw it. I'm sticking with RED!" So we appreciate the updates, as it lets us know what's going on and why things take the time they take.
    www.kfwright.com
    Teradek Bolt 600 HDMI/SDI (1 TX 2 RX)
    Sony CineAlta PL lens set: 20/25/35/50/85/135
    Hedge data management
    Foolcat and Foolcontrol user

Thanks Fire Chief :)
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    MONSTRO 8k CF #831 "BLACK PEARL"
    SCARLET-W #45 "HEIDI " , EPIC-W GEMINI # "DAFNE".
    ARRI ALEXA EV , ALEXA MINI LF

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch

That new battery looks interesting, guess it's a RedBrick replacement. And a new monitor? Probably a high-bright one, since there is already a new 7 inch and 5 inch and 9 inch didn't quite take off in the past.

I was just today telling a friend of mine who has a Dragon that with the new 8K sensor it's probably a "1 out of a 100" situation. Missed just 200 more :)
    "Production value!" ©

Thanks for the update Jarred, awesome achievements. New monitor and module sounds very interesting. Saw the battery already, looks awesome and makes me much more comfortable about the V-Mount options for DSMC2. Any news about the DSMC2-Sidehandle? I was hoping to see that at NAB too.

P.S.: Wouldn't mind to get a not-so-perfect 8k-sensor in a Scarlet-W-body. Just kidding. No seriously, this was a joke. Yeah, maybe a tiny little bit of it was not. ;-)
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.art
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4

Haha the first thing that came to mind was, don't rush man. But glad to hear things moving along. I'm confident I'll have my scarlet w by June. My time stamp is December 21, 6pm EST. Thanks for the transparency guys.

Communication was good but it's just getting better and better. Just straightforward.

Even with RED only announcing a few things late tomorrow night...they will still dominate this NAB. Their presence is unlike any other. Their booth is always slammed. Everyone manufacturer wants to have a booth like RED's. The people who don't own or anticipate owning a RED camera, still go to the booth, in awe of everything that RED brings to the table.

Even if you can't afford the latest CF weapon, RED has stepping stones/upgrade paths for you, and now with it being cheaper than ever to get into the RED ecosystem, people are boarding the RED train. Those of us who are long-time RED shooters should welcome the new users to our family, as it only strengthens our community as a whole by getting more RED's on sets.

To you new shooters...as you know, RED is unlike any other in the industry, giving a BTS look at their company, where products are in development, shipping times, etc. What other camera manufacturer has their head honchos directly interacting with their customers? None! A lot of us have waited in the past for cameras to be delivered...we know how it feels, but I can assure you, whatever camera or accessory you're waiting for, you won't be disappointed when it arrives.

Jarred, thanks for always being transparent...that's one of the many things that I love about RED. I've said countless times before, this community is unlike any other out there, so thank you for creating this magical place for all members of the RED family to congregate, impart wisdom, share films and really feel like we are a part of something bigger.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326