Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: NAB shipping update

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    If I could upgrade my Epic Dragon to an Epic-W, I would so be in that ball game. When the price of $19,000 upgrade was announced, I shit bricks and said screw it, I'm done. Been a loyal since my Red One, but just couldn't do it. But if there was a cheaper option to get into the DSMC2, I would be all over that.
    http://www.radiumpix.com
    http://www.cinetechshow.com

LOS ANGELES and SILICON VALLEY
    Red Epic-W 8k Helium Package - Red Epic-x Dragon (Full shooters Kit)
    Arri Alexa EV
    Zeiss CP.2 Kit, 25mm T2.1, 35mm T2.1, 50mm Makro T2.1, 85mm T1.5 - GL Optics 18-35mm T2 300 degree version
    Cooke 18-100 T3

Quote Originally Posted by Saumene Mehrdady View Post
    Will the 2-3 weeks delivery estimation for the 4.7" monitors improve? Waiting anxiously for mine :(
    I ordered mine Jan 21st, 2016 so.... "2-3 weeks" would be appreciated...
    Also ordered DSMC2 RED EVF (OLED) w/ Mount Pack & Outrigger Handle Feb 29th, 2016 so "7-10 business days" sounds like music in my ears...

Unfortunately some of these items have a cascading effect, like the RT4.7, which is the monitor for my underwater housing.
    As I don't have an Epic anymore (by upgrading them to Weapon) that fits in my old underwater housings, I have not been able to film underwater since Feb 1st due to this delay on the RT4.7.
    Patience is a virtue ;-O
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Wildlife Cinematographer
    http://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO-Forged 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 'In Transit' 8K #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Nauticam WPN-LT Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Maes View Post
    Ouch. I ordered mine Oct 20, 2015 and still haven't got mine so... it might be a while i think...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Pantumsinchai View Post
    Ouch. I ordered mine Oct 20, 2015 and still haven't got mine so... it might be a while i think...
    :-))
    Patience is a virtue...
    Meanwhile I'll look for another job ;-)
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Wildlife Cinematographer
    http://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO-Forged 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 'In Transit' 8K #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Nauticam WPN-LT Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Kris, we don't know where dealer customers are in dealer queues. And, switching to SCARLET-W from RAVEN - and keeping RAVEN timestamp - is only possible with direct orders from RED.
    This makes sense, but I'm a little confused if my case differs. I originally had a Raven Base I/O ordered placed on September 25th, but recently changed to the Scarlet-W V-Lock and transferred to dealer through my Rep. My rep informed me that they will note my original timestamp, but will my position in the RED queue ultimately depend on when the dealer placed their order?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Maes View Post
    Also ordered DSMC2 RED EVF (OLED) w/ Mount Pack & Outrigger Handle Feb 29th, 2016 so "7-10 business days" sounds like music in my ears...

Unfortunately some of these items have a cascading effect, like the RT4.7, which is the monitor for my underwater housing.
    As I don't have an Epic anymore (by upgrading them to Weapon) that fits in my old underwater housings, I have not been able to film underwater since Feb 1st due to this delay on the RT4.7.
    Patience is a virtue ;-O
    I dove into RED ownership for the first time (after renting them for the past 4 years) a couple weeks ago and I still can't shoot with it because of the accessory waiting game. I think I came in at a bad time, given its NAB season and RED has 2-3 new cameras launching all at once. They are definitely backed up with AKS demand.

as of now the camera just sits in my room, 3/4 assembled, mocking me lol
    saumene.com

My buddy matt nardone just texted me a pic that jarred posted on FB with a crazy looking prototype red body.. i cant figure out how to post it here.. anyone seen this?
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    Local 52
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

You would have to steal the pic and upload it here or other site that can be linked to. Alternately, you can share the FB post or grab the link to share and I think most of us here can then look as I think a lot of the REDUSER members follow Jarred on FB.

Anyway... It seems to be something cool the guys at RED put together for Fincher.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

Not a Red prototype body, I guess.
    Jarred talked recently about dsmc2 body foreseen (great) longevity

Yes, that's correct. When you switch to a dealership your timestamp is deleted and you switch over to their place in the queue. In most cases that's a good thing, as their orders were all early, and in bulk. The key is to make sure they promise you a camera in that first shipment that they receive. if you've done that, then you're good. That has been my understanding of the answers I've seen to various questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalum Ko View Post
    This makes sense, but I'm a little confused if my case differs. I originally had a Raven Base I/O ordered placed on September 25th, but recently changed to the Scarlet-W V-Lock and transferred to dealer through my Rep. My rep informed me that they will note my original timestamp, but will my position in the RED queue ultimately depend on when the dealer placed their order?