Thread: Am I the only camera op using these?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lots of bad reviews and complaints, plus, it says you can't connect it to an external source. Did they change something so you can connect a source?
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie N View Post
    One more question from your experience... the Epson glasses give you the feel of an 80 inch display. Do you pull focus yourself and does that size simulated display aid in that?
    I normally do not pull focus myself. I'm using these just as an EVF/viewer because of the way I hold my camera when I'm shooting (not always on my shoulder.) Not everything is perfect with these glasses and they take some getting use to, but they have proven effective in some situations.

What I like most about them is the projected/size of the image and the fact that they are transparent so I can see what's around me. Why I like the size is because it's better to judge composition as opposed to a 5" screen. It actually feels and looks like a projected movie screen and I'm much more confident in my composition choices.

The only issue with using these to pull focus would be how good your vision is. I need reading glasses so I was concerned with how sharp I would perceive the image (it being so close to my eyes) and it was much sharper than I expected yet still slightly off because of my eyes, yet sharp enough to comfortably shoot. However I wouldn't trust my eyes to shoot an entire project through these without a focus puller.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McKechnie View Post
    Lots of bad reviews and complaints, plus, it says you can't connect it to an external source. Did they change something so you can connect a source?
    Hmmmm, maybe the bad reviews are for the BT-200 while the latest iteration is the BT-300.

The link to the website shows the BT-200 as a developers version.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

If the image is sharp enough to pull focus, sign me up.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    If the image is sharp enough to pull focus, sign me up.

Cheers - #19
    My thoughts exactly.

And with three different inserts, maybe someone who wears glasses can either get contacts or take the inserts to their optometrist and have them ground to prescription. '-)

EDIT: Or Lasik surgery.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Yes, these glasses are not without their flaws. It all depends on what you are using them for and how you use them. They have developed an HDMI converter box to connect to a camera which is how I've been using them.

Are these available now? IF so, where can I order?
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography

Are these available now? IF so, where can I order?
    chris, wait for the Group Buy... please... for the sake of my pocket book. '-)

Hmmmm, maybe the bad reviews are for the BT-200 while the latest iteration is the BT-300.

The link to the website shows the BT-200 as a developers version.
    Yes, Elsie. The BT-200 version is not ready to shoot out of the box. It is the BT-300 that Epson plans on making an out of the box kit with the HDMI converter. Sorry for the lack of clarification.

chris, wait for the Group Buy... please... for the sake of my pocket book. '-)
    Haha...if I bought one...that wouldn't effect you. Hehe But yea, I'll hold off. Want to test it first.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography