Thread: Weapon HDMI & LCD

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Marcus Friedlander's Avatar
    While the HDMI port issue on the DSMC2 bodies is annoying, it is worth noting that it's basically the same issue that we dealt with on the DSMC1 bodies and somehow we survived (even without OMOD's!)

If you wanted a second Lemo port on an EPIC, the only way to get it was to buy the +1 adapter and sacrifice your HDMI out.

The only difference between the DSMC1 bodies and the DSMC2 bodies is that the +1 module is now "built" into the camera so to speak. So, instead of a hardware adjustment to get that second Lemo port, it's now a software adjustment.

That having been said, I do wish RED had figured out an actual solution to this problem instead of just repackaging the limitation as a new feature (RED heavily marketed the idea that the new cameras will have two Lemo ports on the body, but failed to mention the costs associated.). That type of miscommunication seems atypical for RED and hopefully this can be fixed with a simple firmware update!
    Cheers,

Marcus Ian Friedlander

RED EPIC DRAGON #03179 "Squillium the Dragon"

"Perfection is the goal, excellence is the standard."

Great to know there is a solution!
    Thanks for the comments and tips.
    I had a PRO IO module with my Epic and used it all the time. I look forward to the Redvolt Expander as well as it looks like there will be plenty of connections.
    Jason George, D.O.P
    http://www.jasongeorge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Friedlander View Post

That having been said, I do wish RED had figured out an actual solution to this problem instead of just repackaging the limitation as a new feature (RED heavily marketed the idea that the new cameras will have two Lemo ports on the body, but failed to mention the costs associated.). That type of miscommunication seems atypical for RED and hopefully this can be fixed with a simple firmware update!
    Definitely a miss on Red's behalf. Yes great having second option but wish we'd know about the loss of HDMI when using the side connection. We designed our Movi set-up around using HDMI and side pogo - and only way we found out it doesn't work is by firing it up and then finding this thread!!

Can this be solved through a firmware update or is it something that's locked in with current hardware?????
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

www.nalu.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Friedlander View Post
    While the HDMI port issue on the DSMC2 bodies is annoying, it is worth noting that it's basically the same issue that we dealt with on the DSMC1 bodies and somehow we survived (even without OMOD's!)
    No it's not.

I could mount DSMC1 body with an HDMI transmitter and using a Lemo touch monitor on a Movi M5 handlebar,
    now I can't since I can't use the top pogo location since I'm limited by heights of the cage and side pogo is not an option.

Also the top pogo interefere with many configurations (top rods, top handles, accessories etc), side is much better.

As I said I hope a firmware fix is possible/coming...or I will have to sell my great IDX HDMI transmitter and upgrade to a *bigger* and *more expensive* SDI solution...
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Senior Member Marcus Friedlander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    No it's not.

I could mount DSMC1 body with an HDMI transmitter and using a Lemo touch monitor on a Movi M5 handlebar,
    now I can't since I can't use the top pogo location since I'm limited by heights of the cage and side pogo is not an option.

Also the top pogo interefere with many configurations (top rods, top handles, accessories etc), side is much better.

As I said I hope a firmware fix is possible/coming...or I will have to sell my great IDX HDMI transmitter and upgrade to a *bigger* and *more expensive* SDI solution...
    Please reread what I wrote as you seemed to somewhat miss the point on what I was saying. I wasn't talking about single Lemo port setups. I was talking about dual Lemo port setups and how the troubles with DSMC1 bodies are similar to the troubles with DSMC2 bodies.
    Cheers,

Marcus Ian Friedlander

RED EPIC DRAGON #03179 "Squillium the Dragon"

"Perfection is the goal, excellence is the standard."

The top Pogo connector worked beautifully.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Jason George, D.O.P
    http://www.jasongeorge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    No it's not.

Can this be solved through a firmware update or is it something that's locked in with current hardware?????
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

www.nalu.com.au