Thread: Weapon MG Error 0x0000001d

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WEAPON/SCARLET-W operation guide. page six. the error may appear if you decide to turn the camera on the go . or pressed the power button and then started to install it on a tripod. now I'm talking only about the moment of switching on the camera. it is better to exclude these points . position the camera on a flat surface and not move it then turn on and wait until it attains the desired temperature . or at least some time to wait. I am convinced that in most cases an error occurs it is because of this. in any case, you should contact red support and send log error. In Russia there is no technical support of red , no one will make the camera a week or less. I need to wait a month or two that it happened. or to buy a ticket to Berlin , or England to do it in a week. today were testing the transmitter Anton Bauer HDRF and received an error. restarted the camera a short while and not any problems anymore. literally in the instructions this is not recommended use. this is my experience using red.[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Carr View Post
    That's usually a bad board failure with the dsmc1 cameras so I would think its the same with dsmc2
    Thanks for the info, Jon.

For those curious, I sent the camera back to RED HQ via the NYC store earlier today; we'll see what they come back with.
    Brooklyn, New York
    jacardona.com

So, I finally got the camera back two Mondays ago (4/11). RED HQ was really great, offered me a new body with my old serial #, and they paid for overnight shipping back to me. Not getting the error anymore.

But now, on a shoot last week, I kept getting random shutdowns, even with full batteries. I was running Pag link gold mount batts on my old Epic Anton Bauer battery plate cabled into the base expander. D Taps were running a Teradek 600 and a Bartech Analog.

On a different shoot earlier this week, I experienced another random shutdown with no powered accessories (D Taps clear).

I owned Scarlet X, Epic X, Epic Dragon before upgrading and never had an issue with the same kind of setup. Anybody else experience this?
    Brooklyn, New York
    jacardona.com

Senior Member Marcus Friedlander's Avatar
    What are you using to power the camera? Is it a direct attached v-lock plate or are you running a lemo into the DC port?
    Cheers,

Marcus Ian Friedlander

RED EPIC DRAGON #03179 "Squillium the Dragon"

"Perfection is the goal, excellence is the standard."