Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Compatible Batteries

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    You beat me to it, Brandon! Yes, v6.2.51 is the one you want, folks.

EDIT: In this version, where available, will show voltage of battery on power up. That voltage meter is not lowering real time with usage so to see actual power remaining, you will have to rely on battery itself or a reboot. Our engineers wanted to roll this release out as is and are aware of the ask to have meter be real-time...
    Hi Brent

Quick Q:

is this release for batteries that simply don't work at all?

This doesn't look like it is for us but we are also having tricky battery problems.

Our setup is Pag link batteries which do communicate perfectly with an epic but when using our weapons have an intermittent fault that means they occasionally jump from an accurate percentage to 0% which initiates a shutdown. This is difficult to replicate but happens with multiple cameras and v-lock plates. Also as suddenly as it happens it can go back to being correct and therefore go back to an accurate readout. It is as often as not it flicks back to correct but you can not depend on it.

Thanks Michael

Ps Interestingly when it happens the camera bumps itself off the wifi...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jensen View Post
    I just did the firmware upgrade and my 190wh Ikan batteries still don't work via the element technica vllock plate.
    Quick question Brent.

Does the Elements Technica V-Lock plate use the same firmware as the Red I/O V-Lock plate? Is the firmware update specific to the Red V-Lock?

Thanks
    -----------
    DP and sometimes Director
    Reel: http://builtbyugene.com/html_pages/h...iveaction.html
    Entire Portfolio: http://builtbyugene.com/index.html

One of, if not the BEST batteries on the market are the BlueShape ones...

Btw, a truly nice surprise is coming to NAB from them as far as batteries to power our RED cameras... And more... :)

I just got my weapon and im using the base expander plus the wooden quickback route (not cable-less). I also use gold mount PAGlinks. I only get voltage readout, no %.

Is this because I am not using the internally run plate? Doesnt matter much to me but thought I would throw it out there since its listed as "compatible" on the first page.
    Mike Simpson
    Cinematographer
    www.mike-simpson.com

Quote Originally Posted by raistlin22384 View Post
    I just got my weapon and im using the base expander plus the wooden quickback route (not cable-less). I also use gold mount PAGlinks. I only get voltage readout, no %.

Is this because I am not using the internally run plate? Doesnt matter much to me but thought I would throw it out there since its listed as "compatible" on the first page.
    I could be mistaken, but I have the PAG v-mount batteries, and there was a piece of paper packaged with them that described holding down the battery indicator button for several seconds to switch the battery from "Sony/etc"-compatible battery readout to RED-compatible. Maybe the gold mounts are the same way?
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net