Thread: fujinon cabrio 20-120

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 fujinon cabrio 20-120 
    Anyone heard about this? Fujinon 4k cabrio 20-120 sub 10 pounds?

http://azule.co.uk/the-dust-is-settling-on-another-bve/

Wow. I'm glad I sold my 19-90 last year. I think they had to compete with the Canon in that range.

"Fujinon launched its new 4K PL mount Cabrio, and with its 20-120 zoom range at a price under 10,000"

If that's actually the price and the glass is on par with the 19-90, this one will be a contender.
    www.hal-long.com
    hal_long [at] icloud

Epic-M Dragon

price point is great, the 120 is great, the 20 is sort of useless for ENG style shooting. but for most other stuff it should be fine.
    I love my job so much that when I die I want to be cremated
    and put into a sandbag so I can still go out on shoots.

Prepare for the flood of 19-90's in the marketplace.
    Bill Totolo
    billtotolo.com

"The new Fujinon 20-120 ‪#‎Cabrio is at Band Pro Film's Burbank office this morning! 1-888-BAND-PRO or email sales@bandpro.com"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDq3otCmNik/?taken-by=band_pro

i guess it's real!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Philippe Bernier View Post
    "The new Fujinon 20-120 ‪#‎Cabrio is at Band Pro Film's Burbank office this morning! 1-888-BAND-PRO or email sales@bandpro.com"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDq3otCmNik/?taken-by=band_pro

i guess it's real!!
    According to that photo, the lens is a T/3.5 and has a Close focus of 3'8"..... Not really an upgrade from the 19-90's T/2.9 and 2'10" CF.

That post also said it was from two days ago, which was April fools. It's not that great of a product for me to believe it's absolutely a joke, but I don't really know what to think. It could be a weak joke or a weak reality. My .o2.... I understand the 17-120 Canon ramps to a T/4 at 120mm, so maybe the T/3.5 is the long side. I guess time will tell. Seems Fujinon wouldn't leak this at Bandpro before a proper introduction at/or before NAB, so I think it's fake.

Also, if you look at the very back and top of the lens in the photo it looks like the rubber cover for the servo handle connector, but not undone, and the servo is on in the shot. So it appears to be photoshopped, unless that is for something else.

If it is real, I think putting 4K on the side of it is just marketing nonsense.
    Thank you Red Team for unlocking/correcting the i/data technology. Cooke lenses are reading correctly and all his happy in Cooke/Epic land. Thanks!

For $15k , i take it.
    http://www.newsshooter.com/
    best value for $$ especially if you add Schneider wide lens adapter.
    Is it PL only?

No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Patrick O'Hara View Post
    According to that photo, the lens is a T/3.5 and has a Close focus of 3'8"..... Not really an upgrade from the 19-90's T/2.9 and 2'10" CF.

That post also said it was from two days ago, which was April fools. It's not that great of a product for me to believe it's absolutely a joke, but I don't really know what to think. It could be a weak joke or a weak reality. My .o2.... I understand the 17-120 Canon ramps to a T/4 at 120mm, so maybe the T/3.5 is the long side. I guess time will tell. Seems Fujinon wouldn't leak this at Bandpro before a proper introduction at/or before NAB, so I think it's fake.

Also, if you look at the very back and top of the lens in the photo it looks like the rubber cover for the servo handle connector, but not undone, and the servo is on in the shot. So it appears to be photoshopped, unless that is for something else.

If it is real, I think putting 4K on the side of it is just marketing nonsense.
    Guess I was wrong.

Underwhelmed. Same weight, half stop slower and worse close focus. Oh but it will drive down 19-90 rentals and resale value. Yippe. Thanks Fujinon!
    Thank you Red Team for unlocking/correcting the i/data technology. Cooke lenses are reading correctly and all his happy in Cooke/Epic land. Thanks!