Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Most affordable V-mount batteries?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wow, that question has been in my head for months. Glad that cleared up. Now to make sure the ones I buy fit correctly =)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    The maximum width can be 100.6mm as long as the bottom edges have AT LEAST a 9.70mm radius. Any larger width or smaller radius will not engage properly as it will bump against the I/O portion of the module.
    Will you sell some kind of simple extension plate for the expander or do you already know if another company will offer that?

Can't believe nobody has mentioned SWIT batteries yet. I've had a couple problems with their smaller Canon C300 type batteries, but I've been using their v-mounts http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...t_battery.html for many years and never had a problem. They also make the perfect 4 bank simultaneous chargerhttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...arger_for.html.
    Clint Lealos
    Director of Photography

Yeah, that's a forklift tattoo. I wasn't always a cinematographer :)

I was talking to the new RED reseller (yes!) in Switzerland just yesterday: schweizervideo.ch and the owner has just started posting here—his name is Jose Garcia.

As I understand it, he is very familiar with the BeBop products and recommends them. He was also talking about BeBop's V-mount module (not sure if it goes on top of RED's expander or replaces it) that has an integrated battery that gives you about 120 seconds of power reserve for seamless switching of V-mouts. Seems pretty handy.

The V-mounts looked nice and clean. They've got a red series can can sustain high amp draws for older cameras, and a blue series that are a bit cheaper that have lower amp spec but that can be used on the Weapon generation of cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Werrij View Post
    Hey Paul,

Are you talking about the ''GlobalMediaPro Li95S-HW-R Lithium Ion Battery 95wh for Red Camera'' batteries?
    Or have they actually released slim versions of their batteries?

Cheers!
    I think the 95's are about as slim as GMP go

Does anyone fancy putting together a list of v-mount batteries that fit / that don't fit? I guess a few more people will encounter this issue as son as their packages arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    As I understand it, he is very familiar with the BeBop products and recommends them. He was also talking about BeBop's V-mount module (not sure if it goes on top of RED's expander or replaces it) that has an integrated battery that gives you about 120 seconds of power reserve for seamless switching of V-mouts. Seems pretty handy.

The V-mounts looked nice and clean. They've got a red series can can sustain high amp draws for older cameras, and a blue series that are a bit cheaper that have lower amp spec but that can be used on the Weapon generation of cameras.
    Yeah, the feedback on Bebob by Reduser (s) has been very positive. The V150 is only 315 Euro which is pretty affordable and I'd definitely pay a bit more for German batteries (made in Germany, cells by Japan) than sketchy Chinese batteries (and I'm Chinese). Their dual, simultaneous charger is on 250 Euros which is quite inexpensive.

Also, at 825 grams, the Bebob is the lightest 150wh battery by a considerable margin. Most of the 97wh batteries (Swit, Pag, GMP) are less than 100 grams lighter so minimal weight savings and way less battery switching.

I think I'm ordering these on Monday.
    -----------
    DP and sometimes Director
    Reel: http://builtbyugene.com/html_pages/h...iveaction.html
    Entire Portfolio: http://builtbyugene.com/index.html

The maximum width can be 100.6mm as long as the bottom edges have AT LEAST a 9.70mm radius. Any larger width or smaller radius will not engage properly as it will bump against the I/O portion of the module.
    Hi Brent,

Just saw this thread and concern about battery width. We just bought a bunch of IDX DUO 150's which are 3.82 inches wide and 5.75 inches tall. Red bricks are 3.54 inches wide.

These have been working great on our weapons. About 3/4 inch shorter than Red Bricks, and weigh about the same - 2.31lbs. They have two d-taps and a USB on the battery itself and they pass data through to the camera.

They work fine on the ET V-locks on our Weapons with the base expander. I assume they'll work just fine on base I/O module as well, right? Looks like they are 97.02mm wide, so they should.

M

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pedersen View Post
    Hi Brent,

Just saw this thread and concern about battery width. We just bought a bunch of IDX DUO 150's which are 3.82 inches wide and 5.75 inches tall. Red bricks are 3.54 inches wide.

These have been working great on our weapons. About 3/4 inch shorter than Red Bricks, and weigh about the same - 2.31lbs. They have two d-taps and a USB on the battery itself and they pass data through to the camera.

They work fine on the ET V-locks on our Weapons with the base expander. I assume they'll work just fine on base I/O module as well, right? Looks like they are 97.02mm wide, so they should.

M
    Depends on the radius of that edge.

Just to let you guys know the Global Media Pro (GMP) v-Locks WILL NOT fit with the Base I/O v-lock expander!!!
    They are to wide. Max widths can be 100.6mm as stated by Brent in another thread. The GMP ones are 102mm.
    It's a realy bummer since I was thinking about those as well but I'll probably settle with the IDX CUE-D75 or Cue-D95 for now.

As Brent stated in another thread about the same issue:

here the whole thread:
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...atteries/page2