Thread: Scarlet-W Preorder Questions

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Scarlet-W Preorder Questions 
    Hi everyone,

Finally got admitted to the forum and happy to say I will be a member of the Red family in March (hopefully). As a full time freelancer I'm trying to plan accordingly with the jobs I have lined up to see if I should count on my scarlet arriving at my doorstep in time or rent as I usually do. I ordered a Red Raven the first day of preorders then switched it over to the Scarlet-W about a month ago.

A few qu
    estions:

1. Has anyone ever worked with a rep where he was able to break the package for an upgrade or alternate item? If so, did your order take longer?
    *Edit: (I was misinformed. You cannot modify camera packages)

2. How long do you have to pay before you lose your place in line?

3. Typically how long is the processing time from when you send payment to when it's delivered? I live in LA.

4. Will Scarlet-W I/O packages ship before Raven I/O packages (I heard raven packages will ship March 17th) ?

Thanks and sorry in advance if these questions have been answered in previous posts.
    Last edited by JD Butler; 02-11-2016 at 12:59 AM.

These all seem like questions to ask your Red rep, since they would know best. The only thing that I know has publicly stated is that the Scarlet-W brain ships before the Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by JD Butler View Post
    Hi everyone,

Finally got admitted to the forum and happy to say I will be a member of the Red family in March (hopefully). As a full time freelancer I'm trying to plan accordingly with the jobs I have lined up to see if I should count on my scarlet arriving at my doorstep in time or rent as I usually do. I ordered a Red Raven the first day of preorders then switched it over to the Scarlet-W about a month ago.

A few questions:

1. Has anyone ever worked with a rep where he was able to break the package for an upgrade or alternate item? If so, did your order take longer? (In my case, he said I may be able to swap the 5" monitor with a 7" and pay the difference at the time of payment)

2. How long do you have to pay before you lose your place in line?

3. Typically how long is the processing time from when you send payment to when it's delivered? I live in LA.

4. Will Scarlet-W I/O packages ship before Raven I/O packages (I heard raven packages will ship March 17th) ?

Thanks and sorry in advance if these questions have been answered in previous posts.
    this is what i understand, from threads and talking to my rep:

1. there are absolutely no substitutions in packages, many of us did brain only orders because that was stated very early on (the first day)
    2. have no idea, but i think you have to pay immediately.
    3. if you live in LA i would pick it up at will call at the red store, you can pay there and pick it up at the same time.
    4. scarlet brains will ship first, this month, but the i/o v-lock module will not be available until march, but the jetpack is available immediately.

Hey guys thanks for your input. I contacted my rep and he was able clear things up this morning.

1. *Edit: I was misinformed. You cannot modify camera packages.

2. You have 5 days to provide payment before they move to the next order in the queue.

3. Shipping in LA should take around 2 business days considering all items are in stock.

4. Scarlet packages will go out before raven packages.
    Last edited by JD Butler; 02-11-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD Butler View Post
    Hey guys thanks for your input. I contacted my rep and he was able clear things up this morning.

1. Yes there is a possibility that I can break the package and replace the 5" with the 7" but may take a few additional business days.

2. You have 5 days to provide payment before they move to the next order in the queue.

3. Shipping in LA should take around 2 business days considering all items are in stock.

4. Scarlet packages will go out before raven packages.
    strange that he says you can substitute monitors, this will effect a lot of people, since this was the first question asked and we were all told no by jarred and brent, hence a lot of people didnt want to be locked into packages.
    scarlet brains will go out before ravens, but the i/o v-locks expanders are not available to anyone before mid march.

I'm assuming that the 7" monitors are reserved for Weapon orders which is probably why they initially said they can't break packages. With the possibility of there being some available they might be able to swap them out with other packages? Who knows but I'm not going to count on it as it's not 100%.

I emailed my rep, Clark, about substituting the 7" LCD and paying the difference in cost. I was told "Unfortunately the packages cannot be modified and changes would force you to purchase everything 'a la carte.' " so i'm not sure why JD and myself got conflicting information?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Chai View Post
    I emailed my rep, Clark, about substituting the 7" LCD and paying the difference in cost. I was told "Unfortunately the packages cannot be modified and changes would force you to purchase everything 'a la carte.' " so i'm not sure why JD and myself got conflicting information?

So looks like I was misinformed. You can't modify camera packages. Sorry about the confusion everyone.
    Last edited by JD Butler; 02-11-2016 at 01:03 AM.