Thread: Real Anamorphic for less? The Rectilux 3FF-W single focus adapter reviewed

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11  
    Letus Anamorph X Pro is a perfect mate for my Canon 24-70 2.8 II.
    24mm is plenty wide for 2.35.
    It's tack sharp at F2.8 while providing the subtle image deconstruction that adds an organic feel, yet displays very little CA.
    Beautiful flares and classic curves on the wider end.
    It's a 1.3 squeeze so it's half the weight of a 2x and the 1.3 effect lets me use the entire 16x9 frame for the lowest possible noise to create 2.35.
    It has a focusing front ring so diopters are unnecessary for normal close shots.
    The only down side is that it's design does not provide adequate sharpness with longer lenses unless you stop down to around f8. Sometimes I use a 1.5 canon teleconverter to get to 100mm.
    Also, different focal lengths have different pairings of lens to adapter focus rings.
    But I tested all focal lengths of the 24-70 and made a chart.
    I often rack focus by turning both rings at the same time.
    They are supposedly working on a tele version. I want one that mates with my 70-200 2.8 II.
    I would put this converter up against the best anamorphic lenses out there that display the classic curves and flares.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    28
    I shot this commercial with the fm module/cinelux combo, with canon fd spherical lenses, red dragon on the freefly movi m10.

    https://vimeo.com/156656009

    This was shot with the fm module/cinelux combo, with leica R spherical lenses on the red dragon.

    https://vimeo.com/135274051
    _______________________________________

    www.gilljames.com
    James Gill / Cinematographer / Epic Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Demetri Zuev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crabtree View Post
    Letus Anamorph X Pro is a perfect mate for my Canon 24-70 2.8 II.
    24mm is plenty wide for 2.35.
    It's tack sharp at F2.8 while providing the subtle image deconstruction that adds an organic feel, yet displays very little CA.
    Beautiful flares and classic curves on the wider end.
    It's a 1.3 squeeze so it's half the weight of a 2x and the 1.3 effect lets me use the entire 16x9 frame for the lowest possible noise to create 2.35.
    It has a focusing front ring so diopters are unnecessary for normal close shots.
    The only down side is that it's design does not provide adequate sharpness with longer lenses unless you stop down to around f8. Sometimes I use a 1.5 canon teleconverter to get to 100mm.
    Also, different focal lengths have different pairings of lens to adapter focus rings.
    But I tested all focal lengths of the 24-70 and made a chart.
    I often rack focus by turning both rings at the same time.
    They are supposedly working on a tele version. I want one that mates with my 70-200 2.8 II.
    I would put this converter up against the best anamorphic lenses out there that display the classic curves and flares.
    Can you share some footage captured with the Anamorph X Pro?
    "Production value!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London & Los Angeles
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by James Gill View Post
    I shot this commercial with the fm module/cinelux combo, with canon fd spherical lenses, red dragon on the freefly movi m10.

    https://vimeo.com/156656009
    Thanks for sharing these James,
    The Canadian Workers film quoted above is really interesting & has some good shots in there too.

    At sec 25: I see some hard vignetting on one side was this due to a wider lens than recommended?

    With a WEAPON at 6.5 ANA what is the widest lens you can use with this FM/CINELUX combo please?

    I see 45mm quoted on the Schneider site but I'm assuming that's on FF 36 x 24mm cameras & not our lovely WEAPON's.

    Last one from me, what T stops & focal lengths do you find work with this combo please? A few of the shots had a good & deep depth of field until secs: 41,42,57, 58 & again at 1:05 these shots all had a great quality to them that I haven't seen with other 2 x ANA adapters.

    Thanks in advance, Stu
    Stuart Graham U.S.
    Stuart Graham Outside of the U.S.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Roberto Lequeux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by John Barlow View Post
    Featuring a dynamic rock video from top Madrid based shooter Mauri D Galiano, using ‪#‎RectiluxCoreDNA‬ with Bolex and Zeiss lenses, https://vimeo.com/159200256
    Great stuff
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    20
    Featuring another superb rock video from top Madrid based shooter Mauri D Galiano, using ‪#‎RectiluxCoreDNA‬
    https://vimeo.com/162668880
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17 Letus Anamorph-X Pro 
    Here are some stills from the Anamorph-X Pro 1.3 mated with Canon 24-70 2.8 II shot at 6K full frame 16x9 to create 2.35.


    Quote Originally Posted by Demetri Zuev View Post
    Can you share some footage captured with the Anamorph X Pro?
    Attached Images
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18 Anamorph-X Pro 1.3 
    Here's a link to the whole video. Shots of covered wagons and Nevada scenery are stock.

    https://vimeo.com/136252246
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    20
    When a very talented young cinematographer chooses ‪#‎RectiluxCoreDNA‬ to create his art, it makes me feel both priviledged and proud.
    Mauri D Galiano has the talent and vision that will take him all the way and I am sure one day he will need no introduction. His work is the very highest quality.
    Mauri D Galiano is ready.


    https://vimeo.com/165789278
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    The problem I see with these adapters is that they are too large and don't allow for wide-angles.
    I am using the 7200 Panasonic and you can film at 23mm, it's wide enough for me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts