Thread: RED Weapon 8K - Lens Coverage Information

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    I'm testing a monstro here so will have chance to test coverage of a bunch of lenses. Some lenses we have access to are most Canon DSLR, but also Canon cine zooms like 30-300 and 50-1000.
    Best wishes,
    Andreas
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm

Just tested some Sigma Art lenses.

Sigma 35mm f1.4
    Vignettest quite strongly at 8k FF. Could still be usable for a brighter scene if one compensates for this in post
    7k. Softer vignetting but still noticeable. 7k HD even better. I would feel ok filming with this
    6k. Just a very tiny darkening in the corners that you can barely see, mainly at f1.4.

Sigma 135mm f1.8
    No vignetting at all. The image is just awesome. Very nice to film with.

Canon 30-300 T2.9
    Did not have time to test the 30-300 but I would expect it to vignette very strongly, it has already strong vignetting with Helium, worse than 50-1000mm.
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm

For wildlife cinematographers in need of a manageable long throw lens: this is a small demo I share with you to demonstrate the capabilities of the Canon CN20x50 IAS H P1 lens (50-1500mm).
    This is just the optical zoom of the lens (with 1.5x) going from 75mm to 1500mm. There is no cropping, digital zooming or stabilizing done in post. For me it's my perfect HNU lens for the High Arctic.
    Shot on RED Helium in 8K FF without filters (Std OLPF).
    Although Monstro would be a better choice for this scene (cinematographic), I preferred the Helium because it has very little vignetting on the CN20x50 (none with the convertor, some without).
    HTH.
    https://vimeo.com/383832239
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Extreme Wildlife Cinematographer
    Fellow International at the Explorers Club (FI17)
    https://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO 'Forged' 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 8K VV #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON Nauticam WPN-LT Nauticam ROSSA "SHOGUN"