Thread: ALERT: Please Be very careful with Fellow User Mr. Tyrel Stumpff

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio Quintana View Post
    I don't think it works that way. But I will say that I never would have seen this 6-month-old thread if you hadn't bumped it today.
    I love this response!
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Elsie,

Point taken.

1) Right now we have no User metric which means that:
    +) Profiles are being used to scam people.
    +) They may be no anecdotal evidence that Great sellers are legitimate (as the FS threads are closed)

2) Amazon, ebay etc - have user satisfaction between 0 - 100% - we expect background noise.
    +) Knowing that 75% of people have had a good experience with someone would give me confidence they are 'real'
    +) Finding out that 100% of people have had issues would go a long way to waving Red Flags when dealing with someone unscrupulous.

3) If a Buyer wishes to vote on a person - there could be a Comment that the raiser creates against the FS thread.
    That Buyer comment could be made public / or moderator visible only.
    However the fact the Seller was voted on buy the Buyer could be visible to the Seller.
    If the Seller discovers that a Buyer was from someone they did NOT sell to -this could be reported to (and dealt with) by the moderator.

Personally - I would rather see more information as I tend to go 'above and beyond' when selling items.

AJ

There could be a verification process to be able to buy and sell on RedUser... Criminal background check for like $10

all the other idea place a moderator on sort of a judicerial role and RedUser accountable
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    There could be a verification process to be able to buy and sell on RedUser... Criminal background check for like $10

all the other idea place a moderator on sort of a judicerial role and RedUser accountable
    Maybe the NSA could help out? '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

While I don't think this thread should be deleted, it may be time to close it. :)

Reduser is a forum that has a for sale section vs. a site dedicated to sales, so its difficult to have a rating system for buyers and sellers. I have sold several items over the years on RU. So far, really only one complaint and that was because something I shipped ended up requiring a signature and so it was not left on their doorstep. They specifically requested no signature and I honored it, but because of the high value I reported ($3k), it automatically required a signature, which I did not notice when I shipped. They were genuinely upset about that. In the end, I would rather have them upset with me because it required a signature than for it to be left on their doorstep and someone possibly stealing it.