Thread: Hong Kong Final Cut User Group Member Share RED experience

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hong Kong Final Cut User Group Member Share RED experience 
    Hello all
    Award Winning Cinematographer, Mr Henry Chung shared his experience with the RED One Camera recently at our Hong Kong Final Cut Pro User Group Meeting. Most people currently in the production industries in Hong Kong have heard but not actually seen the RED One Camera up close. So this was very exciting for us to share this unique experience together. Hong Kong Final Cut Pro User Group is a non profit organization. Our members ranged from professionals to teachers.

Famous Photographer / Director Mr Ringo Tang was kind enough to lend us his RED one camera , while Fatbars and Creative iCare Ltd setup the whole presentation with HD monitors and projector.

Here is the link to the photos of the exclusive event. http://hkfcpug.ning.com/ enjoy!

Samantha Goh (founder)
    Hong Kong Final Cut User Group

Banned
    I was there to watch the RED footage shot by Henry.

I found out that :

1) The footage in HD format is not at good as RED to be .

Reasons :

1) Shot 2K. ASA ? Shutter Speed ? Lens are not some GOOD optics ( Like Cooke S4 or Zesis Master Prime or even RED Zoom )

2) Color Garding matters !!! Color only or Scratch Native .R3D files or DPX files grading for final polishment ?

3) Projector and MAC hardware were good good enough though to show " REAL RED Images "

I am a RED One owner and users as well back in March till now with my on-line grading systems + some nearly good Professional Monitors in our DI on-line suite.

Warmest regards to Sze who organised this entry level of RED exposure for some " HK FCP Users " in End May.

I aware that many Professionals were not able to attend the HKFilmart 2008
    ( March 17-20th ) in HKG to see my RED one + On=line 4K grading systems though !!!

More RED photos at HKFCPUG at
    http://hkfcpug.ning.com/profile/StewartChong

Stewart Chong
    Founder / TOP & DOP
    REDHKSC
    HKG - CHINA

Quote Originally Posted by samanthagoh View Post
    Hello all
    Award Winning Cinematographer, Mr Henry Chung shared his experience with the RED One Camera recently at our Hong Kong Final Cut Pro User Group Meeting. Most people currently in the production industries in Hong Kong have heard but not actually seen the RED One Camera up close. So this was very exciting for us to share this unique experience together. Hong Kong Final Cut Pro User Group is a non profit organization. Our members ranged from professionals to teachers.

Famous Photographer / Director Mr Ringo Tang was kind enough to lend us his RED one camera , while Fatbars and Creative iCare Ltd setup the whole presentation with HD monitors and projector.

Here is the link to the photos of the exclusive event. http://hkfcpug.ning.com/ enjoy!

Samantha Goh (founder)

Banned
    CC: All HKFCPUG Members,

欧文弟,
    可否告知我 " 紅色中國之旅 " 在什麼地點舉行,
    我的中國人等候著我的回復......,

謝謝,

莊錦堂

革命官

中国 - 香港

上海,北京,TW later.

--- 2008年5月20日 星期二,欧文 <ryan@red.com> 寫道﹕

寄件人: 欧文 <ryan@red.com>
    主題: RED ONE 中国之旅-北京,上海,香港(5月31日-6月9日)
    收件人: "Kam Tong Chong" <wowholdings88@yahoo.com.hk>
    日期: 2008 5 20 星期二 下午 5:49

Kam Tong Chong :
    您好!

RED 公司即将在中国会有一个 RED ONE 样机展示机会,届时TED会展示RED ONE,从前期拍摄到后期制作的过程,而且会和到场的中国朋友进行技术交流。

行程的时间安排如下:

北京: 5月31日-6月3日
    香港: 6月 3日-6月6日
    上海: 6月 6日-6月9日
    如果您已经等不急想知道如何报名参加,可以通过以下方式预定参加的名额:
    周一之周五工作日 9:00 到 18:00 可直接拨打 021 – 63455287 联系人 欧文 (Ryan Erwin)
    其它时间段可以发送邮件至 ryan@red.com , 介绍一下您的资料,电话联系方式,我们收到邮件会尽快电话和您联系。

-欧文
     ryan@red.com

Samantha,
    Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like you had a packed house. Keep us updated on any RED features or projects shooting in Hong Kong, it's a beautiful city to capture on camera.

Glad you like them Jeff, Will do.

Samantha Goh (founder)

Banned
    May I silly to ask that :

did I meet the owner of RED one there to support HKFCPUG in HKG ?

I heard from my many buddies to say to me that he just treat this camera as his toy!!!

If this is a s35mm 4K shooting tools Why say that " please don't touch the real TOOLS "

May be many non-shooters @HKFCPUG there I guess.

Cheers,

Stewart
    Founder
    REDHKSC
    HKG - CHINA

Banned
    I was there to watch the RED footage shot by Henry.

I found out that :

1) The footage in HD format is not at good as RED to be .

Reasons :

1) Shot 2K. ASA ? Shutter Speed ? Lens are not some GOOD optics ( Like Cooke S4 or Zesis Master Prime or even RED Zoom )

2) Color Garding matters !!! Color only or Scratch Native .R3D files or DPX files grading for final polishment ?

3) Projector and MAC hardware were good good enough though to show " REAL RED Images "

I am a RED One owner and users as well back in March till now with my on-line grading systems + some nearly good Professional Monitors in our DI on-line suite.

Warmest regards to Sze who organised this entry level of RED exposure for some " HK FCP Users " in End May.

I aware that many Professionals were not able to attend the HKFilmart 2008
    ( March 17-20th ) in HKG to see my RED one + On=line 4K grading systems though !!!

More RED photos at HKFCPUG at
    http://hkfcpug.ning.com/profile/StewartChong

Glad you like them Jeff, Will do.

Samantha Goh (founder)
    Hello Sze and Goh,
    I was silent there.
    Stew.
    REDHKSC

9. #9 HKG Magazine reports wrong RED information in their 50,000 copies for all CHINESEs 
    Today, I bought a less than 2 USD ( for three books ) magazine in the 7-Eleven store and RED one was in the cover.

There were lot of wrong information provided may be from someone or somebody ? Myself as a professional RED owner and user in HKG and I need to clarify the followings points here in this Z/HD Zone edition 513 dated 12 June 2008 in HKG.

The HD zone magazine said in CHINESE that :

1) RED is 4520 x 2540 ( RED 4K is less than that pixel format ) 2) RED is selling around HKD 100,000.00 ( Less than USD 13,000.00 !!! ) ( Starts less than HKD 160,000.00 to be used if you have other DIY accessories )
    3) RED one camera has self generate Test Signals !!! ( Color Test Chart is not generated it was a Chart to test the RED ) 4) RED HDMI and HDSDI are the image quality to be captured onto the external computer. ( They are for preview only for on Set monitoring )

There are more than 50,000.00 copies ( www.e-zone.com.hk ) to cheat all the chinese people to know about the RED one camera from www.RED.com

IT IS BAD FOR RED to tell ALL CHINESE who can ONLY READ CHINESE to know about the RED. SO BAD THAT THEY ALL GOT THE WRONG INFORMATION from that Non-Professional " CHEAP Selling " Street level based A/V magazine in HKG and for CHINA.

I am just telling the turth as a normal reader.

STEWART
    FOUNDER
    REDHKSC
    HKG - CHINA

Hello all

Samantha Goh (founder)

Dear Samantha

This is Percy from Film Magic, like to know the event ison.

We have 2 REDs with full film gears, we have various workflow from Autodesk Flame 2009, Smoke 2009, and incluing 3 x FCPro stations.

Our REDs has been producing TV commericals, and some of them already on Air.

Please kindly advise future activities, and we are happy to communicate and send our FCPro colleagues in..

regards
    Percy
    www.filmagic.com.hk, Camera service and crew
    www.digitalmagic.com.hk, Post production
    www.heavyoptical.com.hk, 35 arrilaser Flim works
    www.i-magic.com.hk, Digital Cinema
    Percy Fung, www.filmmagic.com.hk
    percy@filmmagic.com.hk
    Baesd in Hong Kong, 1 RED Dragon, 4 RED Epic X and 5 MX
    Film crew and services. 3D stereo native filming and post, with 20 3D stereo Movies credit. Digital Film post, DI, DCP mastering, and 2x 3D stereo Digital Cinema, 3D stereo rigs, and 360 Panorama rig