Thread: EPIC Dragon vs SCARLET-W

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 EPIC Dragon vs SCARLET-W 
    So I am in a pickle, I have the option to buy an Epic Dragon, which would require me to sell my brand new Scarlet Dragon, or buy the new Scarlet-W.

So basically I am comparing the EPIC Dragon to the newly announced Scarlet-W. As a new Scarlet Dragon owner I obviously will receive the discount and priority with ordering the new S-W

I mainly film outside in remote locations and weight is an issue, so I am starting to lean towards the S-W. I do already have all the accessories for the EPIC though.

Basically I am wondering if I would lose image quality with the S-W vs. EPIC. A lighter load would be superb as well as currently my pack weighs nearly 35lbs with no food or water.

Also lens mounts, does the S-W take the same lens mounts? can I just pop on my Optitek-Nikon adapter?

Would it be impossible to sell my Scarlet Dragon now without taking a massive hit?

Thanks REDUSER!

My suggestion would be if you don't need 6kWS 100fps and only need 5k 48fps then go scarlet W
    www.driftwoodcinema.com

Thanks yeah I am mostly concerned with 4k HFR, the 2k 120 cropped 3.8x is just killing me.