Thread: Group Buy -Osee 15.6" Production Field Monitor

Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    I have a couple of battery solutions that I was hoping to adapt for this monitor. Is that cable something that can be purchased from them or do you have to buy the battery mount to get it?
    You could probably buy the P-Tap power cable from them. Maybe check their site? Oseedirect.com I believe.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Moreton View Post
    Anyone able to help with some of these questions?

What settings for colour temp and colour space one should put the monitor in for the following:

On set using LCM 156 field monitor:
    • Using HDMI input with Red Dragon Epic using RedDragon colour space and RedGamma4 and wanting to view what the camera is capturing?
    • Using HDSDI input using Red Dragon Epic using RedDragon colour space and RedGamma4 and wanting to view what the camera is capturing?
    • Using HDSDI input using Red Dragon Epic using RedLogFilm and wanting to view in Rec709?
    • Using HDSDI input using Red Dragon Epic using RedLogFilm and wanting to view in Rec2020?

Using the monitor for grading purposes:
    • What colour temp / colour space settings should be used when outputting to the LCM 156 via HDMI?
    • What colour temp / colour space settings should be used when outputting to the LCM 156 via HDSDI when viewing footage in a RedLogFilm state and wanting to view with a Rec 709?
    • What colour temp / colour space settings should be used when outputting to the LCM 156 via HDSDI when viewing footage in a RedLogFilm state and wanting to view with a Rec 2020?
    • What colour temp / colour space settings should be used when outputting to the LCM 156 via HDSDI when wanting to view your footage with the way it was shot in camera?

If any of these questions could be answered or clarified that would be great.

Thanks!
    Does anyone on here know any of the answers to the above questions. I can't get hold of Thom for an answer.
    I'd also like to find out what these colour temps actually refer to: D32, D50, D56, D65, D93.
    What setting should my colour space be on and so on.

Fundamentally I feel this is a problem that needs to be answered as I can't find a manual to find out what settings I should be using when accurately using this monitor.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Phil J W Moreton - Cinematographer - London

Red Epic-W
    Red Epic-W
    Arri Alura 18-80mm, Xenon FFs, Leica R PL, RT Motion +++

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Moreton View Post
    Does anyone on here know any of the answers to the above questions. I can't get hold of Thom for an answer.
    I'd also like to find out what these colour temps actually refer to: D32, D50, D56, D65, D93.
    What setting should my colour space be on and so on.

Fundamentally I feel this is a problem that needs to be answered as I can't find a manual to find out what settings I should be using when accurately using this monitor.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Honestly, I just left it on the default setting...didn't change anything and felt it was close to what's being recorded. Better than a lot of other monitors out there in regards to color. I'll ping Kyle for you to see if he can answer these.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

hehe yes, i just left mine on default setting for color. and use this for on set mainly
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McKechnie View Post
    Honestly, I just left it on the default setting...didn't change anything and felt it was close to what's being recorded. Better than a lot of other monitors out there in regards to color. I'll ping Kyle for you to see if he can answer these.
    Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Quinn View Post
    hehe yes, i just left mine on default setting for color. and use this for on set mainly
    Haha. I would like to know what the other settings are tho? Surely ;-)
    What is the default setting then? Is it D65 for colour temp and Auto for colour space?
    Would be funny if both your default settings are different.

Red Epic-W
    Red Epic-W

that's weird, if I leave everything on default, color is all green, but when I set colour space to off, the colours are all over saturated and contrasty...

Can someone write down step by step settings for getting "true" colors from premiere to osee monitor?

i never adjusted anything when i took it out of the box. just set the input to SDI @@
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Miha Kolar View Post
    that's weird, if I leave everything on default, color is all green, but when I set colour space to off, the colours are all over saturated and contrasty...

Can someone write down step by step settings for getting "true" colors from premiere to osee monitor?
    What is your default?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Quinn View Post
    i never adjusted anything when i took it out of the box. just set the input to SDI @@
    Matthew, when you get a moment can you let me know what you default colour settings are? Both for Temp and Space etc.

Red Epic-W
    Red Epic-W

The real answer is, you need to calibrate it if you want accurate results. Using Lightspace or Calman, generating a LUT and then using Osee software to upload the LUT to the monitor. You may get a decent calibration out of the box but I would not count on it. Standard colorspace would be 6500 but that would just be a starting point.

You could also have a LUT box hooked up to it to store a LUT as well.

Steve Shaw from Lightspace is hopeful there will be direct integration with Osee and Lightspace in the future.
    Steve Sherrick

I have this monitor and though I have not used it extensively, I do like it a lot. But, while we are throwing out questions...

I got the v-mount battery plate when I bought it but there is really no clear way to attach it to the back of the monitor - there must be a additional plate that goes on it to attach it. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also - LUTS - am I right that the software for loading LUTs is PC-only? Are there firmware updates posted somewhere?

While the monitor seems good, the support is, while sincere, somewhat spotty.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Terry VerHaar; 04-26-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W