Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon 8k Queue

Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Anyone heard from the mothership yet...

Cheers - #19
    Negative. Checked in with BSR onboard mothership and no news yet. Hoping the dribble gets bigger...
    Bryan Koss
    Local 600 Director of Photography
    SOC Member
    Steadicam Operator
    Weapon VV - FCF#179
    INSTA @bryan_koss | TWIT @bryankoss | https://vimeo.com/159758581

Blair would you be willing to post a small r3d of 8k vv footage. I want to start experimenting transcodes with the rocket-x. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Thomas Akira Nakasone | akirafilms.com

I prefer that life imitates art, not vice versa.

Well, looks like this thread is about to start heatin up!!! Congrats amigos!
    Bryan Koss
    Local 600 Director of Photography
    SOC Member
    Steadicam Operator
    Weapon VV - FCF#179
    INSTA @bryan_koss | TWIT @bryankoss | https://vimeo.com/159758581

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Koss View Post
    Well, looks like this thread is about to start heatin up!!! Congrats amigos!
    I suspect so!!!
    IMAX Director|DP|Producer
    FORGED Monstro VV |Trooper 8K | CF Dragon
    http://digitalcrossing.ca

To think I was going to get off this train.. I did not want to go back to the Dragon sensor without IPP2 in camera.. but something told me to HOLD.... And thank the heavens.. RED really stepped up and delivered... really amazing and awesome. According to Brent the upgrade stages are: Storm trooper, Forged then Woven.

all the time there were Monsters cooking and baking behind the curtain.... :)
    RAW, well done

http://www.welldone.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Grimm View Post
    To think I was going to get off this train.. I did not want to go back to the Dragon sensor without IPP2 in camera.. but something told me to HOLD.... And thank the heavens.. RED really stepped up and delivered... really amazing and awesome. According to Brent the upgrade stages are: Storm trooper, Forged then Woven.
    If so would be cool to merge in the stormtroopers to this list. I think there was a thread with all the stormtroopers. Would be nice to see them and all you Forged being hatched of. Before when buying the Woven I was told the forge would not make any difference when receiving VV. I guess time again when it shows it´s normally better to choose the most costly one no matter how dumb the extra cost looks there and then. Buy camera with different made carbon fiber, pay a hefty amount more... well later that pays of. Buy white camera for a lot more instead of black, seams like a pretty dumb idea, well again that now will very much pay off. Now atleast I bought a titanium phone, will see where that takes me :)
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    If so would be cool to merge in the stormtroopers to this list. I think there was a thread with all the stormtroopers. Would be nice to see them and all you Forged being hatched of. Before when buying the Woven I was told the forge would not make any difference when receiving VV. I guess time again when it shows it´s normally better to choose the most costly one no matter how dumb the extra cost looks there and then. Buy camera with different made carbon fiber, pay a hefty amount more... well later that pays of. Buy white camera for a lot more instead of black, seams like a pretty dumb idea, well again that now will very much pay off. Now atleast I bought a titanium phone, will see where that takes me :)
    Hehe, Yea seems to be smart to just go for the top. But I believe the time difference in delivery here will be in terms of weeks and not months.. But honestly I'm in no rush.. just knowing this beast is coming our way is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tracy Babcock View Post
    I did the same and refunded my deposit 4 months ago as well. 2+ year wait is ridiculous. I couldn't afford to have $10,000+tax held up all that time for nothing, and was told by BS rep that it wasn't coming anytime soon.

Really wish RED would have done something to make up for it, but was told by multiple reps that they get daily calls about the insane delay and there's nothing they can offer. Quite the bummer as someone who's spent almost 100k with RED and gone through multiple upgrades.

And while I am quite liking my Helium within the IPP2 beta pipeline, the fact that its still in beta a year in is also majorly disappointing.

Here's to hoping for a produceable large format Helium sensor I guess...

FACEPALM...

Quote Originally Posted by William Tracy Babcock View Post
    Here's to hoping for a produceable large format Helium sensor I guess...
    . . . Monstro is pretty much a large format Helium sensor by the looks of it
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com