Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon 8k Queue

Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566
    Happy to say that my camera has taken off to RED HQ. Time to drink some eggnog and wait for its return....

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
    My gut feel is this isn't some "minor" replacement: the magnesium PL mounts are probably taken apart and put back together I assume , and moving to IPP2 in camera I'd hate to thinkg about it ... but it might even be board/cpu stuff. Definatly a huge effort, one that probably at this point doesn't make any business sense from a cost viewpoint. I'm btw at 9 working days and haven't heard a peep, I figure they must be busy.
    Definitely not a minor replacement or upgrade by any means. This upgrade is a $30K process for those who were not blessed to have ordered at NAB a couple years ago. There is a pretty rigorous testing process in place along with the upgrade. RED is trying to do this right. The wait seems like forever, especially after waiting so long to send in the camera, but it seems well worth it. I’ve had my hands on Dragon VV and it was lovely... Can’t wait to play with Monstro VV, which will have to wait a bit longer. I’m handing off this first one to someone else as I’m too involved elsewhere to really use it.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

MONSTRO-F #0140 is home :)
    Thank you RED Team!
    Patience is a virtue :)
    Warm regards,

Michael Maes
    MAESterpiece Productions
    Wildlife Cinematographer
    http://www.michaelmaes.com

MONSTRO-Forged 8K VV #140 MONSTRO 'In Transit' 8K #572 WPN-W HELIUM 8K #900 | Zeiss CP.2 Zeiss CZ.2 Canon CN20x50 Nikonos R-UW | Nauticam WPN-LT Gates DEEP "NIKONOS-RTM" WEAPON

My monstro shipped, so if I don't count the day it arrived at red and the day it actually shipped (which isn't really fair anyway), it was exactly 10 full working business days total time ... which is awesome for this level of complexity. Also this was just a "normal" red dragon to VV upgrade (no forge or stormtropper, or anything special like I am a major studio/manufacturer/integrator/major_rental_house), so I think this also bodes well in that I'm a good example of a normal reduser.

Patrick, you won the turn around time lottery. ;)

My camera finished the upgrade today... Just shy of 30 days. Regular woven carbon weapon swapping out its loaner 8K Helium sensor for VV...

Some of the cameras get held up longer for a couple reasons. Sometimes a flood of cameras comes in at once. Sometimes they upgrade and the new components fail in testing and they have to troubleshoot and replace / re-test.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

Got it ! I feel like I completed a quest !

Just on rough last minute testing for Arri Master Prime Anamorphics:
    35 mm - covers 8k at 1:1 (i.e. 2:1). 7.5k for 6:5 (2.4)
    50 mm - covers 8k at 6:5 (i.e. 2.4)

So for HD type deliveries, MP anamorphics in all cases cover at 8k. For 2.4 deliveries you could shoot all the time at 8k, but would have to do maybe a 3% resize when going to ta 2.4 format with the 35mm.

I did some quick testing with converters and anamorphics, there's depandancies by T stop and also lens, so I need to do a lot of playing around with those in order to say something valid.

[edit I did my 3:2 test wrong]
    Last edited by PatrickFaith; 11-21-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: 3:2

After a light celebratory dinner, Forged Carbon Fiber RED Weapon 8K Monstro VV #47 is safely at home being investigated thoroughly.

Weird timing with the holiday, but testing commences this evening. Footage and thoughts as soon as I can compose them.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Congrats Phil, I know we will all look forward to seeing what your thoughts are about this new machine. Happy T day to all.
    Epic Forged Weapon (Aerial)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    After a light celebratory dinner, Forged Carbon Fiber RED Weapon 8K Monstro VV #47 is safely at home being investigated thoroughly.

Weird timing with the holiday, but testing commences this evening. Footage and thoughts as soon as I can compose them.
    Hey, Phil. Shouldn’t your signature read “RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"?
    Cutting out soft shadows in Photoshop tutorial
    YouTube | Vimeo

www.harbonder.com

Strand on Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Boyer View Post
    Hey, Phil. Shouldn’t your signature read “RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"?
    Fixed! Just a glitch in the matrix!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon