Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon 8k Queue

Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
    ...would be nice to start seeing "MONSTRO 8K VV" start appearing on the list.
    ...too much RED on the brain.

RED ONE# 43, RED ONE# 381
    EPIC-X# 43, EPIC-X# 385
    WEAPON (CF) #88

...heard nothing yet...quiet again before the "after stormtrooper" storm...
    RAW, well done

http://www.welldone.tv

...well... it seems good things take time - it's been two and a half years in the making... but the Storm just hit Germany... just received the Holy Grail ... äh Mail : "Schedule Your 8K VV Upgrade" for both our two Weapon Serial Numbers & Pre Orders at the same time.

Including a Link to a well made Google Submission Form where you can enter all your Details and choose your desired Time Slot to Send your Camera in.

Seems like a great new clever Storm Pre Warning System that RED is implementing there to keep Upgrade at more steady flow for an overall faster processing of the line.

As of now it looks like both Cams are due for sending in in about 2-3 weeks.

Cant Wait. Monsters coming...
    RAW, well done

http://www.welldone.tv

i am in the woven first day group and got some scheduling email, so attempting to hold back my excitement till i get a actual send in date.

I got a notice today and I have scheduled the Monstro upgrade for first thing in December. Happy about that.
    Tom Gleeson

Still waiting :(
    Weapon Carbon #1119, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gleeson View Post
    I got a notice today and I have scheduled the Monstro upgrade for first thing in December. Happy about that.

Congrats, I got it as well. I picked earliest date possible which was end nov / beginning dec. Very happy about that. For some reason it seams I manage to make every upgrade an early christmas.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

There are a few people on this list that have been allocated FYI. I spy on them on the internets unbeknownst to them.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    If so would be cool to merge in the stormtroopers to this list. I think there was a thread with all the stormtroopers. Would be nice to see them and all you Forged being hatched of. Before when buying the Woven I was told the forge would not make any difference when receiving VV. I guess time again when it shows it´s normally better to choose the most costly one no matter how dumb the extra cost looks there and then. Buy camera with different made carbon fiber, pay a hefty amount more... well later that pays of. Buy white camera for a lot more instead of black, seams like a pretty dumb idea, well again that now will very much pay off. Now atleast I bought a titanium phone, will see where that takes me :)
    I think that it's more about the leap of faith that Jared is rewarding. For any of us that bought a trooper, we did not know that morning we'd shell out 60K on something we did not really know the specs. Very similar to the VV order back at NAB. I suspect, and this is purely speculation... is the people who do this... like those original early adopters, VV pre-orders are helping fund the development, and minimize the risk to Red. So by offering the special treatment, it encourages this reckless behaviour on our part ;p. I think I've bought all the special cameras; Epic-M, Carbon Dragon, Forged, Trooper and the only one that I did not gain substantially from was the Carbon Dragon as I did not think the trade in reflected the enormous price we paid (50k), but those that did were offered priority on a new weapon if they traded that camera in.
    Director|DP|Producer
    FORGED Monstro VV |Trooper 8K | CF Dragon
    http://digitalcrossing.ca

Happy to report that I have my Monstro VV in hand! Props to Jarred and the RedTeam. Heading out to shoot, will share notes after I get some footy to review.

Cheers - #19