Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Weapon 8k Queue

Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    So close, yet so far...

Cheers - #19

Come on guys, seriously?!!
    You know the drill- been around for ever as far as RED is concerned ;-)
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Red has been teaching us the art of patience over the years. It is gonna come in real handy as some of us wait for our Model 3s.

Given that NAB is next week and I am taking my camera, I will probably get notified then. Sorry folks, live demo has been cancelled, camera must go in for upgrade. :)

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Heh heh to be fair we are killing it with shipping stuff when we said we would. . I've been very transparent just how hard the VV 8k is to make and how slow it will roll out... And I'm pretty sure it will be behind the demand for quite some time. 8k started shipping on schedule but will take many many many many months to even pretend to catch up with the wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh to be fair we are killing it with shipping stuff when we said we would. . I've been very transparent just how hard the VV 8k is to make and how slow it will roll out... And I'm pretty sure it will be behind the demand for quite some time. 8k started shipping on schedule but will take many many many many months to even pretend to catch up with the wait list.
    So jarred, when do you estimate Joe that is first on this little list will get his?
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I am hoping to see all that you guys have learned on the 8k, and saw(http://www.hdvideopro.com/blog/nab-2...vol-2-sequel):
    As such, Codex is having a demonstration in the RED booth on one of the first big budget, post heavy 8K productions to require file management for that much information. “During NAB 2016,” says the press release, “Codex and SHED’s Matt Watson and Matt Tomlinson will present the 8K set-to-post workflow behind Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at 3.00pm Monday and 11.00am Tuesday on the RED Digital Cinema booth (#SL1517)”. SHED is the production house in Santa Monica that offers the Codex solution for DIT productions. (If you can’t make the demo but want to check out the offerings, Codex can be found on their own in Booth SL6828.)

I can't make it to NAB, heck I'd go just to see that ... anyway you guys could record that or live stream it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Spears View Post
    (snip) Given that NAB is next week and I am taking my camera, I will probably get notified then. Sorry folks, live demo has been cancelled, camera must go in for upgrade. :)
    Let me know if you do actually get notified, I can bring my CF Weapon to NAB for your demo with my compliments. Really appreciate your help last year calibrating my projector for viewing Geoff's test footy.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen
    Let me know if you do actually get notified, I can bring my CF Weapon to NAB for your demo with my compliments.

Thank you Blair, that is very generous of you! Hopefully I have to take you up on the offer. LOL I do want to get together with you, Phil and some other DITs to discuss a special DIT workflow for CalMAN. I will probably start a new thread on that subject.

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    After many years, I've learned with Red that it's best to just place your deposit and forget that you ever did. Ignorance is bliss :-) Applying this philosophy to my Model 3 deposit that I've already forgotten about.

Whilst the Madman is not the first businessman to use up front deposits to gauge the market, you have to wonder if Elon was taking notes. In Tesla's case, I'm thinking they were also able to lower borrowing costs and backstop their stock price. Moreover, the better you can estimate demand - the better you can manage your supply chain. As Zeb would say - execution matters.

Cheers - #19