Thread: Sachtler 0705 FSB-8T Fluid Head

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Sachtler 0705 FSB-8T Fluid Head 
    Hello everyone,

I'm about to get my first Sachtler tripod head.

I used the Sachtler 0705 FSB-8T tripod head and I love it.

I was wondering if there are any other tripod head better than the Sachtler FSB-8T for under $1600.

Thanks for the help!

Santos-- you may hear some fans of Miller's options at that price level, so it's not a waste of time to try them out, if you're curious. But I personally don't believe you can go wrong with the Sachtler.

I'm not sure if you're considering used, but I own and can recommend the Sachtler DV6-SB, which is the FSB-8's predecessor. It's great, and it can also be quite a bargain. (That may be because it's sometimes confused with the FSB-6, which has a lower load rating that the DV6-SB and the FSB-8.)

Good luck with your purchase!

Hi , Did you get yourself a Sachtler tripod yet? I have a couple and I'm hurting for money ( no work in LA for me- everyone has a camera - and is a DP now) I have a DV 6 SB with 3 stage aluminum sticks , mid level spreader, and feet for $800 plus shipping or I have an older but still excellent Video 14 MK2 Head with stage aluminum stiks and ground spreader for $750 - better deal…

I shoot on a video 18 P and HD carbon fiber stiks - but it was about $5k - but yes Sachtlers are the way to go….

Well let me know if you want -if you got them already - good for you - if not - lets talk . My names Dave and I'm located south of Los Angeles… I can send you photos if your interested.

Other wise - nice to meet you and all the best on your productions. Cheers.

Tanks Dave!

I got the Sachtler FSB-8T last month and I love it!

Good luck!

Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Dave DeMaio View Post
    Hi , Did you get yourself a Sachtler tripod yet? I have a couple and I'm hurting for money ( no work in LA for me- everyone has a camera - and is a DP now) I have a DV 6 SB with 3 stage aluminum sticks , mid level spreader, and feet for $800 plus shipping or I have an older but still excellent Video 14 MK2 Head with stage aluminum stiks and ground spreader for $750 - better deal…

I shoot on a video 18 P and HD carbon fiber stiks - but it was about $5k - but yes Sachtlers are the way to go….

Well let me know if you want -if you got them already - good for you - if not - lets talk . My names Dave and I'm located south of Los Angeles… I can send you photos if your interested.

Other wise - nice to meet you and all the best on your productions. Cheers.

Thank you M Harvey!
    I got the Sachtler FSB-8T last month and I love it!

Santos

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Santos-- you may hear some fans of Miller's options at that price level, so it's not a waste of time to try them out, if you're curious. But I personally don't believe you can go wrong with the Sachtler.

I'm not sure if you're considering used, but I own and can recommend the Sachtler DV6-SB, which is the FSB-8's predecessor. It's great, and it can also be quite a bargain. (That may be because it's sometimes confused with the FSB-6, which has a lower load rating that the DV6-SB and the FSB-8.)

Good luck with your purchase!