Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Display Options For 4k Red-ray

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Jim has suggested in his posts that Epson might be our savior. I hope so. I really, really do.
    Cheers - #19
    I hate to be skeptical, because it just gets too much if you have to do too much of it, but I hope it is different from the Epson back projected LCD panels I have previously seen. Last time I looked into these sorts of projectors there were big problems, one being discoloration with aging, other panels were better. There are a number of manufacturers in china that could do a cheap SHD unit, by combining the light from full hd units unit through a prism (think of the original Olympus SHD camera for inspiration, though different prism).

There are many ways to make things happen, as long as you have money and there aren't other customers/suppliers/potential interrupting.
    "We think, you do!"

Reputation is something the unwise apply.
    But integrity is what the wise apply.

Toshiba article :) . Looks like they have stumbled onto a similar 3D analysis concept to some that I came up with years ago, Intel came up with another similar one too. I posted one of them over at dvinfo.
    "We think, you do!"

Reputation is something the unwise apply.
    But integrity is what the wise apply.

3. #53 EYE-LCD 6400-4K by Eyevis 
    Hi,

You're missing the EYE-LCD 6400-4K by German Company Eyevis. 64", Full 4k (4096x2160), but only 8 bit. Nice in general but not the best black levels. This one also seems to be more intended for signage, visualization and security markets than postproduction but it does come with a cool processing unit to feed it any type of signal without (too much) degradation.

I quoted it with the mexican distributor and he said USD$55,000. Interesting, no?

Link: http://www.eyevis.de/index.php?article_id=51&clang=1

4. #54 Sony SRML560 
    It seems like you're also missing the SRML560 by Sony. 56", Quad-HD, 12 bit processing and a retail price somewhere around USD$80,000.

From the webpage:

"The SRM-L560 incorporates an exclusively designed panel that follows the Trimaster criterion - featuring a 56 inch screen, 3.8K resolution with 10-bit LCD driver technology. The backlight system is a highly stable LED system which allows wide gamut color display. The signal processing engine in the SRM-L560 is a full 12 bit process which can work in Y Pb Pr, RGB and XYZ color processes."

So, it seems like (what Sony would call) a true CRT replacement. Nice, no?

link: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-mon...oduct-SRML560/

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by luis bustamante View Post
    It seems like you're also missing the SRML560 by Sony. 56", Quad-HD, 12 bit processing and a retail price somewhere around USD$80,000.

From the webpage:

"The SRM-L560 incorporates an exclusively designed panel that follows the Trimaster criterion - featuring a 56 inch screen, 3.8K resolution with 10-bit LCD driver technology. The backlight system is a highly stable LED system which allows wide gamut color display. The signal processing engine in the SRM-L560 is a full 12 bit process which can work in Y Pb Pr, RGB and XYZ color processes."

So, it seems like (what Sony would call) a true CRT replacement. Nice, no?

link: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-mon...oduct-SRML560/

What do you guys think?
    Looks okay - I still think that the company that comes out with the first true affordable true 4k monitor / projector will win. E.g. $10k x 10,000 units = $100m - and that's just the RED community :-)

Steve
    REDucated at REDUCATION #003 // TA @ REDucation UK 2011 - 2014
    EPIC-X #1412 "Futurist"

Web: www.futuristfilm.com / www.futuristdigital.com
    Twitter: futuristfilm / 5KFuturist

http://www.cinemassivedisplays.com/

Hey I didnt know if you guys knew about this already. It is sort of cheating in the sense that its just multiple monitors put together, but you can totally get these for soooo much cheaper than anything else I see around. Its like the rule of thirds, all the time...