Thread: RED RAVEN - Info and Data Sheets

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Hi Phil,
    what is it regarding the compression on Scarlet-W vs Raven? In some cases at certain frame rates it seems to be better on Raven.??
    Is that for real??

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    Hi Phil,
    what is it regarding the compression on Scarlet-W vs Raven? In some cases at certain frame rates it seems to be better on Raven.??
    Is that for real??
    Remember, full frame readout on the Raven is actually 2.1:1 aspect ratio, which is 4608 x 2160. Full frame readout on Scarlet-W is a taller aspect ratio of 1.9:1, or 5120 x 2700. This means that "4.5K FF" on the Scarlet-W utilizes that same aspect ratio and is 4608 x 2412.

Even though they're both called "4.5K FF" on the DSMC Media Guide chart, the Scarlet-W is recording 252 more lines, or 1.1 more megapixels than Raven.

The closest thing you can compare with would be the Scarlet-W's 4.5K 2:1 to the Raven's 4.5K FF, but the Raven is still recording less vertical resolution and therefore can have lower compression rates.

I have no Red camera yet

My Sony EX have HD 1080p 30fp and 720p 60p. I understand how to use those rates, which work well with my computer and TV.

But how do the various rates of Raven work with my equipment? Slow Motion would not be a problem, but when using high frame rates, what happens? If I e g want use time base 25 fps and frame rate 60 fps to get better motion, will my computer cope with the increased data rate, which will be much higher than from my Sony EX?

Will there ever be a Helium raven? Or is too early to tell?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Epic-X #6700 (Aquila)

I think there will probably be another cheaper option for Helium when some of the dust settles
    Raven 0730 "SHIRA"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Can anyone confirm if it is possible to mount the DSMC2 Red Touch 7.0" on the side Pogo connectors, like in Phil's photo above? This seems like a much better place to mount an LCD than the top, which most people seem to do. If side mounting works, what are the disadvantages to mounting it here? Are there clearance issues? Limited tilt angles?

Thanks!

Thank you for these Phil!

Is there a Raven upgrade path ?