Thread: another option for digital playback of 4K with H265

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 another option for digital playback of 4K with H265 
    I was just on this site looking for firmware updates on my legacy player made by Bright sign and saw that they have a 4K line up with H265 decoding. I haven't used or checked out specs on the 4K models yet but if it performs as well as the older units that I had in service I would recommend trying them out.
    • Plays native 4K, H.265, 10-bit video @ 60fps via HDMI 2.0
    • Powerful Video Engine with dual decoding of one 4K (3840x2160@60p) and one Full HD (1920x1080@60p) video simultaneously
    http://www.brightsign.biz/digital-signage-products/4k-product-line/overview/

Pardon my ignorance. If it is a player where are the normal Player buttons? (Foward, Backwards, Pause, Stop, etc?)

These are Digital Signage Players.
    You can trigger them via additional hardware.
    I have several of them installed in local cinemas for the preshow content.
    They deliver a brilliant picture to the Sony 4K cinema Projectors.

Peter

They are also programmed with a on off schedule and some of them have interactive control using wifi as well.

These players are great for driving 4K displays and signage -- trade shows, retail spaces, etc.. That's what they're designed for. Too bad some of the more directly functional players are not as up to snuff with the output abilities.

It doesn't get much love out there due to pricing and being more Sony hardware, but their FMP-X10 media player works pretty darn well as a 4K player. I can put 4K clips onto a USB flash drive and play right from that or load to the internal 500GB HDD or other external USB storage. It's super-simple. It plays perfectly fine to any HDMI 2.0 display with proper HDCP 2.1 support.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.