Thread: Skin tone OLPF vs Low light

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Agreed, at least make the ultra tiny screws in them captive for faster swapping. Or if possible some kind of quick latch installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    Red really needs to make "One OLPF to rule them all" I want to use the color science of the skin tone OLPF while shooting a very clean 2000 ISO. This was the whole premise of the Dragon sensor from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Daniel Kelly Brown; 06-23-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Battistella View Post
    True. I tested this and while some might find it an interesting "effect", it would be difficult to recover the full color spectrum when you capture with the incorrect OLPF setting. It is important to change the OLPF settings in the camera firmware when you have physically changed the OLPF. I believe Weapon detects this automatically somehow, but the current system requires you manually select the OLPF installed in the camera through the in camera FW settings.
    Of course I was not expecting a perfect color response when doing something so obviously wrong but it still might have an interesting look with a pleasant noise floor. I was honestly surprised when I recently first tried the LL OLPF after it was sitting in its box for a couple of weeks before. While I did not see any major difference when I tested at normal exposures the files pretty much hold up when pushing the Iso in the shot we did that night. So, David what was noise like when you tested this wrong setup?

Cheers,

Ulf

It was daylight stuff with a strong cyan cast after switching out from LLO to STH but leaving firmware at LLO. I can confirm that identical night stots are for certain cleaner on LLO and can be pushed further, but that is what it's made for. :)
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Ah Ok, than there wont be anything to explore. Thanks David. I still feel all this noise talk is much overrated…
    Im a happy camper and Im glad to have all these options (just added Johns full spectrum OLPF as well).

Cheers,

Ulf

Agree. Noise shows up in real extremes, as it is supposed too. :)
    -William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown
    Agreed, at least make the ultra tiny screws in them captive for faster swapping. Or if possible some kind of quick latch installation?
    At NAB the Weapon OLPF system was described to me as using something like a thumbscrew for quick swap. No more bolts. I did not actually get to see it, so I can only pass along what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf Krentz
    I still feel all this noise talk is much overrated…
    Me too!

Hello everyone, I recently used the Skin Tone OLPF and the footage looks greenish. Have anyone else had this problem? or maybe I'm doing something wrong! any suggestions?

Sounds like you have the olpf setting to a different olpf other than the one you intended. Make sure you set for the proper olpf and blackshade your camera
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Can anyone recall if when you use a Kippertie filter, the option to allocate that in the menu is available?
    I have some of these Kipperties but dont have them with me at this time to test myself? Maybe one of you guys can confirm?

The Kipper tie as based either on the STH or the LLO. Therefor, depending on which KipperTie you have in you set the camera to LLO or STH.
    KipperTie do not have their own looks in the OLPF settings they are based on the RED OLPF settings.

David
    -William Blake