Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Taylor Swift " Bad Blood " shot on Weapon by Christopher Probst

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ruffo New View Post
    I must say I find the the concept to be mindless, boring dreck of the worst kind, like it was conceived by an illiterate 17 year old, and that's a shame, but that's Joseph's fault, not yours.
    Robert, with all due respect, go fuck yourself. How am I supposed to take your keyboard-warrior backhanded comments, like, "Wow, what a piece of shit, but that's not your fault, so yay you!" Know what, it IS my work and my creation as well. So passive aggressive snide remarks are really not appreciated or called for. Do you think we are fucking morons? Do you think every element of this work wasn't calculated for its maximum effect on its target audience? We are not aiming for high art here, it's pop culture eye candy aimed at empowering teenage girls.

So unless you have anything of value to add to a discussion, you can keep you useless bullshit of self-worth posturing to yourself.
    Last edited by Christopher Probst; 05-18-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added quote for context

Simply brilliant Chris...course that's a given when your name is attached.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

As far as the concept goes I think it is a pretty positive message that girls are tough, not just dancing around singing about missing their boyfriend.

Just watched it again..... and must say that I love your work Chris, and on all levels.

Are there any behind the scenes photos or videos?
    Regards,
    Martin Stevens

President and Founder of Glidecam Industries, Inc.
    Producer and Director at Metaphoric Pictures Corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Boyer View Post
    The RGB values for the black letterbox are 1,0,1 from a screen grab on my system, according to Photoshop...no matter what working color space I choose. My monitor is calibrated. I'm not sure why you're experiencing a lighter letterbox with that video and not others but I'm not having that problem.

If I'm being honest, the color in your grab looks a little off on my screen, too. That one is a little harder to pin down because of the sheer number of variables.
    Thanks for this Brian, it seems that the plot thickens. When Chris posted some of his BTS pics I thought something might have been off again because the blacks looked much deeper in the JPG's he posted than what I was seeing on my end. From what I can tell it seems that it's just Chrome doing weird stuff sporadically. It's fine for some videos and trailers and then others the blacks are just totally incorrect - I have no way of working out what's causing which. Some comparison pics below with IE11 which is getting the blacks correct each time. This is why targeting web delivery can be a nightmare, even aside from all the various displays and viewing conditions we have browsers doing their own funky business. Especially confusing when Google owns YouTube and Chrome...

I'm guessing colors looking off are a function of the black levels - especially being that they are being pushed into the cooler tones, a lot of that is lost when chrome screws the blacks up and thus throws the entire color balance off in the process.

Edit: also just noticed that Chrome blacks can tend to have some color shift (as exhibited in the Zedd screen cap). Though perhaps this could be attributed to IE using h.264 compressed variants vs Chrome using webm.

Last edited by Brad Allen; 05-18-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au

I think it totally kicks ass. Absolutely master craftsmen as far as I can see. I think the talent and the artistry came together perfectly to the desired effect.

Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stevens View Post
    Are there any behind the scenes photos or videos?
    BTS pics on this post
    Brad Allen

mob: +61 411 350 829
    web: unravel.com.au

King Kendrick. Cinematography aside, Kendrick is doing some truly great work recently. Probably not the best forum to talk about it, but if any of you are in the edit suite or color grading and need some tunes to listen to, his recent album 'To pimp a butterfly' has got some real shit to say.

And of course, beautiful work Christopher. Forget what Rob said. I watched this yesterday without any promo from RED or knowing it was from a REDuser, and I thought it was cool as f. And I'm a 25yo male.

Just watched this again. So cool! Almost 5 million views in a day!
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Well... That looked amazing.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.