Thread: Epic, wireless video, Canon lenses, Movi m10, foolcontrol options and experience

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Epic, wireless video, Canon lenses, Movi m10, foolcontrol options and experience 
    Hi,

For now, I own a Epic Dragon and I have a Movi. I have no wireless focus follow focus system at the moment, and I own lots of Canon L-lenses and mostly use them on jobs locally. I rent PL when there is a budget.

I was thinking of investing in a not that expensive system for wireless monitoring and a follow focus/controlling the camera settings system.

My exact option at the moment is:

A redlink bridge for wifi and controlling the camera from foolcont. (From my research, the epic will fit into the m10 with the redline bridge. I am powering the cam with redvolts on the movi)
    Paralinx Arrow.
    Blackmagic ultrastudio mini recorder.
    Foolcontrol.

I have a macbook pro and an iPad.

Any thoughts? User experience?

Here you go.
    Wireless EFF for RED - canon and Nikon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aoNC6Uu8Y
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Redlink is a dev tool, the range is approx 50 feet. Get a Offhollywood Hotlink, it has a range of 60+ feet and does not cover the back of the camera.

Regarding the wireless system - try this - http://www.camotionllc.com/radian-a-106.html They are basically the same with paralinx arrow, just different branding.

Get a good wireless FF unit when you can, RT Motion MK 3.1 is a great option. You will never regret owning a good wireless FF.
    "Production value!"

Jacek, what is the range of the wireless optitron?
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

The module is rated at 100m (300ft)

Banned
    Jacek's mount is based on Birger Engineering technology. Birger Engineering technology is amazing. Blows Redlink out of the water in smoothness, precision and repeatability.

Jacek, do you have both modules in stock right now? I remember the last time we spoke there was a backorder on one of them.
    "Production value!"

The optitron options looks good and if it has that bigger range as well, it is maybe a better option. Can you combine the optitron and foolcontrol in a good way? I think I still would go for a foolcontrol solution, but go for a better wifi solution than the redlink for better range when working with my Canon lenses.

Next step will be a good wireless FF, and that RT Motion MK 3.1. looks good. Working a lot alone and doing stuff in the mountains (skiing, climbing...) and a manual FF has been good so far, but now job pattern is changing a bit and other assignments are coming in and wireless is needed. Nice with different work as well.

Jacek will sigma work as long it has an ef mount?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Our OptiTron2 works now with the native RED Nikon and Canon mount. It plugs into the back of the camera and controls lenses that are compatible with the RED system.
    If Sigmas are on the RED compatibility list they will work. Again- we just tell the camera what to do- the camera does it. I thought it was clear from the video. I'm making that more explicit in the next video series we are shooting now.
    Not Birger technology Rob ;-) Birger has nothing to do with the OptiTron.
    Our technology. We are very proud of it ;-))))