Thread: Red Rentals in the UK

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Red Rentals in the UK 
    Banned
    Anyone plan on renting out their Red kit in the UK? If so, what options will be available ie with or without operator and what will be the average daily/weekly/monthly rates?

All suggestions are welcome.

Hi Mardi,

We'll likely be renting our Red kit out - certainly with operator, might consider dry-hire for experienced Dp's/Ops.

I haven't completely settled on rental rates (and of course everything's still subject to change!), but I imagine a basic Red Kit (Body, VF, 2x Battery + charger, 2x RedDrive) will go out at something like 250/day + operator at around 300/day.

We're always open to negotiation for lower budget and/or longer format gigs though, depending on availability/workload, of course...

Mine Films will offer a RED shooting solution made up of camera system, operator, post production and mastering.

We are a production company and when not working on our own productions we will offer our skill set to other film makers.

We look forward to being among the first 100 cameras to be released.

2007 should be very interesting indeed.
    Rory Hinds
    World Explorer
    Mine Films

http://www.minefilms.com

VANCOUVER, BC CANADA

IATSE 669 Director of Photography / Drone Pilot /
    Writer / Director / VFX / Grading & Finishing

Hi Mardi,

Similarly to Dominic, Red 445 will likely be up for rent, typically with myself as DIT or op, and again dry-hire for experienced Dps and Ops.

I would certainly be doing daily, weekly and monthly rates. I'll be more than happy to consider Indie projects on tighter budgets as well because at the end of the day I just want to get out there and shoot.

And I agree Rory, 2007 should be interesting and hopefully a heck of a lot of fun.

We have the maximum allowed 5 cameras reserved, all purely for hire, based out of London, Notting Hill, but rates/packages are still to be determined. We may well send out an assistant/digital media wrangler with them, but definitely will be supplying the full onward path in terms of post.

James
    CTO The Post Factory Group, London
    Red Epic Dragon Cameras, DJI Ronin and Movi M15 stabiizers, Sony FS7, Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K Cameras, Lomo Anamorphics, Canon K35s, Super Baltars.
    Central London Green Screen Interview Studio
    DCP Cinema delivery, QC and Harding PSE
    You can find our kit on mykitplace.com the UK's equipment sharing marketplace
    www.postfactory.co.uk
    www.gearfactory.co.uk
    www.bloomsburyfilmstudio.co.uk

Hi we are interested in shooting Red for a feature we hope to shoot in October of this year

Will any one have there Red by then? we would consider rent, we are looking at thirty days over six
    weeks.

And would be interested in renting with a view to buying i know that parting with your Red is probably far from most people minds!!

We are based in Birmingham

We will be looking for someone preferably who has made a feature to head up this exciting project and take on one or more of these roles:- writer,director,camera/dop,editor.

I think most reservation holders will have the camera by October Owen perhaps one or two of the later ones might not, Rory will have his in the next month or two I should imagine.

If you rented a camera for the shoot with a view to buying then you could simply buy a brand new one towards the end of the year/begining of '08. Obviously people might purchase features for their camera that you wouldn't want, the range of recording media is a good example. Also if users are renting their camera out I dare say it will be paying for itself moreso than reselling the camera would be worth to them, but you never know I suppose... heck if someone offered me 20000 for a 10000 camera I'd certainly contemplate it, would be a pain to have to wait another 6 months though... Makes you wonder who'll be the first to stick theirs on eBay and how much it would actually go for.

Yes I'm hoping to get my #68 "shortly" after NAB. Hopefully this will mean in a few weeks, hey I'm hopeful :-)

If we don't have any of our own projects on the go I'd be happy to work with other DP's offering the complete package.

contact me rory"at"minefilms.com
    remove the "at" and replace with @

Anyone know if Mine Films #68 is the lowest REDONE serial in the UK?
    ( first in the UK :-)
    Rory Hinds
    World Explorer
    Mine Films

http://www.minefilms.com

VANCOUVER, BC CANADA

IATSE 669 Director of Photography / Drone Pilot /
    Writer / Director / VFX / Grading & Finishing

I believe it is Rory, unless there is anyone with a lower number that has simply never broadcast it. Lucky git :)

Banned
    Hi,

We intend to have our Red kit available for rental in the UK right after a feature film project we have, penciled down for a mid september shoot also in the general London area. And like hinted above, we will provide our kit complete with 35mm prime lenses, the Red premium pack, power pack and monitor (cage, EVF, power kits et al) for rental, not SALE.

It will be nice to have something like a base and premium package rate for daily/weekly/monthly rentals. Not for reasons of price-fixing or anything like that, but to help the broader filmmaking community in the UK partake in the Red fever at a reasonable rate or "rate range" that can be guarateed across the board.