Thread: Feature Film Deliverables

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Riggs View Post
    Daniel, if you do find a solution, please post it, going through a similar thing myself.

That 4gig wav file limit bit me in the butt in both FCP and Premiere.
    Hey Joe,

I had to hire a sound designer to create the needed files in ProTools.
    I love lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Dunne View Post
    Audition has been AS-11 compliant for over 2 years now when it comes to loudness. You can set your LUFS to whatever you like.

Getting back to the issue in hand, the thread of the title is Feature Film deliverables. As you're trying to export 8 channels, i guess you're after an 7.1 mix and not 8 separate channels. Have you tried exporting as an AVI movie for a workaround?

Simon
    Hey Simon,

The distributor specified they wanted a .wav files. One file with 8 discrete channels including 5.1mix and LtRt in various configurations.
    I love lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Allen View Post
    Where are you guys coming unstuck with Audition? If you're in the Waveform view you should be able to create files with up to 32 channels of audio. The 5.1 limit only applies to doing audio mixing in the multitrack view but it doesn't sound like you're actually trying to do any mixing as it's already been mixed in Protools.

I just created two hours worth of Pink Noise in a 7.1 wav file without any dramas to test.
    Brad, I would love to be wrong about this. I know how to create a multichannel file (up to 32 channels) in Audition but I don't know how to add six mono files and an LtRt to that multichannel file.
    I love lamp.

I may be misreading something, but I have had no issues creating a 12 channel wav file in Premiere a couple of days ago. All tracks were mono discrete, and the layout was this:

Ch.1-2:Stereo L R
    Ch.3-4:M&E L R
    Ch.5-10: Surround L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Ch.11-12: MOS

The wav file came out to over 10gigs.

*Edit to this Post* It's my mistake. What I did was go to multichannel MOV, and then take the MOV into audition and output a WAV file from there.
    www.rogersingh.com
    cinematographer producer

Roger, would you mind posting a screenshot of your export settings? I just tried again and the AME error log stated the duration was longer than the format (.wav) allowed.

Thanks,

Daniel
    I love lamp.

Here are my screenshots.

This is how I set up my sequence:

You can't edit the audio settings in sequences in premiere for some reason, so you'll have to setup a new one.

Here's my export settings when I go out to quicktime:

And here's my setting for WAV only:

Hope this helps.

I've just realized I may have forgot another screenshot, but I can't take it at the moment as I'm importing files right now. In the audio clip mixer, be sure that the total set of channels is to how many channels you are outputing. My case, it's 12.

And be sure your audio mapping is like this:

ch.1: 1+2 Panned left
    ch.2: 1+2 Panned Right
    ch.3: 3+4 panned left
    ch.4: 3+4 panned right
    ch.5: 5+6 panned left
    ch.6: 5+6 panned right
    ch.7: 7+8 panned left
    ch.8: 7+8 panned right
    ch.9: 9+10 panned left
    ch.10: 9+10 panned right
    ch.11: 11+12 panned left
    ch.12: 11+12 panned right

•edit* I see that my ch12 is panned left and not right, but It's a blank audio track, so no harm really, but usually, yeah, it's supposed to be on right like I mentioned before. Also, these settings may not really matter unless you output stereo pair tracks I suppose. It's good habit to do either way.
    www.rogersingh.com
    cinematographer producer

Hey Roger,

Thanks for posting the screen shots. I essentially used the same settings. I did notice that your sequence is only 43 min. long. Can you double check your .wav file size? 10 Gigs sounds kinda big, especially considering two of your channels are MOS. For reference, my film is 93 min. long and the 8 channel .wav file is around 6 Gigs.

Thanks,

Daniel
    I love lamp.

My sequence is 103 minutes. The MOS channels will still take up a full bandwidth even though they are blanks.
    www.rogersingh.com
    cinematographer producer

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Allen View Post
    Having said that, I regularly use Audition to create 5.1 mixes for Ads that are going out as DCPs to Cinema. But these are measured in Dolby Media Meter to ensure that correct loudness levels are hit. (Which is typically based on LEQ M rather than LKFS from what I've seen).
    That can work. Getting the levels right is really critical.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Singh View Post
    My sequence is 103 minutes. The MOS channels will still take up a full bandwidth even though they are blanks.
    Good to know. Thanks for the correction.

One final question before I throw in the towel, are you on a MAC or PC?
    I love lamp.