Thread: Broadcast TCP/IP Streaming Discussion

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Broadcast TCP/IP Streaming Discussion 
    I am putting together a broadcast streaming system (for things like twitch) using red camera's and was hoping to kick up a discussion on this area. I did broadcast streaming on tcp/ip a few years back for avant-garde music, but haven't done anything in the last few years. I saw a ton of broadcast streaming stuff at NAB 2015, seems like there was a major push into tcp/ip broadcasting. Also I was able to ask a ton of streaming questions at the RED nab booth, as they even had a two area's in their booth dedicated to this. I am just about to purchase my streaming equipment, so my first question is basic hook up options. I am thinking of using streaming on things like twitch.

?So my first question/discussion point is does this basic config make sense:
    red epic hd-sdi -> AJA IO XT -> thunderbolt z840 (into wirecast)
    xsens ethernet -> ethernet (z840) mvn biomech & motion builder -> wirecast (z840)
    unreal 4 -> wirecast
    Nagra VI (two mixed outputs) AES out -> ? -> AJA IO XT -> thunderbolt z840

?The z840 is going to be on my broadcasting cart, currently thinking of putting all this on a Inovativ Scout 37 and haven't decided on my broadcast monitoring setup.

Also I am just learning in this area, so would learn from anyones question and thoughts in this area (i.e. hijacking this thread IS ALLOWED :) Also I think a lot of the old school analog theory is totally valid for low end tcp/ip streaming, so general does and don'ts for indie broadcasting would be appreciated.

If you dont allready have all this gear you should have a look at the Newtec Tricaster.
    http://www.newtek.com/tricaster

Dont think the AJA io xt have any aes ebu imputs. Think blackmagic have an sdi audio embedder. Never tried it though.
    But for mixing to inputs the Nagra VI seems a little overkill :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse Mørkhagen View Post
    If you dont allready have all this gear you should have a look at the Newtec Tricaster.
    http://www.newtek.com/tricaster

Dont think the AJA io xt have any aes ebu imputs. Think blackmagic have an sdi audio embedder. Never tried it though.
    But for mixing to inputs the Nagra VI seems a little overkill :)
    Hey thanks, that looks real interesting. I did go with the aja Io xt, but your right, it was a bit too wimpy. I am beyond fanatical on sound, and am in love with the nagra pre-amps ... overkill I know. I btw decided not to use unreal, but went with unity3d & vive, am using the xsen suits for the actors too with consumer lidar. Upgraded to two weapons, crossing my fingers I don't crash and burn doing it this complicated.

I too would recommend the Tricaster for live streaming, especially for something like Twitch. In addition to the multiple camera inputs, it also provides live graphics,( lower thirds, corner bugs, upstream/downstream keys), multiple IP based inputs (other computers, cameras, media servers, etc.), audio mixing, chroma keying etc.

You can also look at VMix for a software based solution, since you already have capture hardware.
    - Scarlet 996 -