Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: WEAPON Information Summary and Pricing FAQs

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Brian,

Reading the pricing chart and I have a question. I'm going to upgrade my epic-m dragon to woven cf weapon with the selected option for the 8k upgrade. On the price chart it says the preorder 8k price is $10,000 and deposit amount none. So would I pay the $5k deposit this week, $27k when my weapon is ready, and $10k when the 8k sensor is ready or is it $10k deposit this week, $27k deposit when weapon is ready? Thanks again!
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

The Southwest
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF

Chad, $15k now ($10k for 8k sensor and $5k for Weapon deposit) and $27k when ready to upgrade.

This!
    Nook Kim
    CEO, DIGITAL FACTORY, Seoul
    Digital Revolution Since 2009
    Color Correction/Digital Workflow/Red Camera Rental
    www.DigitalFactory.kr

Thank you, Brent! Really good Job.
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, Schneider Xenon Primes, Angenieux EZ1 + EZ2

I think there are a few too many NONEs in these boxes (i.e., where there is a price, there should, ultimately be a payment due sometime):

WEAPON 8K SENSOR UPGRADE PRE-ORDER PLACED DURING NAB 2015
    WEAPON DRAGON CAMERA OPTION*
    RETAIL PRICE**
    PACKAGE DISCOUNT*****
    PRE-ORDER PRICE
    DEPOSIT AMOUNT
    TRADE-IN CAMERA TYPE
    TRADE-IN CREDIT
    AMOUNT DUE AT SHIPPING
    ADDITIONAL ACCESSORY CREDIT****
    WOVEN CF 8K SENSOR UPGRADE
    NONE
    NONE
    $10,000
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    I think there are a few too many NONEs in these boxes (i.e., where there is a price, there should, ultimately be a payment due sometime):

RETAIL PRICE**
    PACKAGE DISCOUNT*****
    PRE-ORDER PRICE
    DEPOSIT AMOUNT
    TRADE-IN CAMERA TYPE
    TRADE-IN CREDIT
    AMOUNT DUE AT SHIPPING
    NONE
    NONE
    $10,000
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    I was looking for a total.

On first glance I read an upgrade from D M to W Mg as 12K. But then I realised it was only the amount due at shipping. The deposit of 5K plus 12k at shipping totals 17K.

I think there should be a total column for clarity.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

Brent,

One quick question couldn't find in then Q&A.

1. What do we have to turn into Red when we upgrade to Weapon CF? Do we need to send in a mount? Side Module? etc.
    Jacob Schwarz
    Director / DP
    www.jacobschwarz.net
    Monstro 8K (Storm) 33 / Forged Helium 8K #29 / Epic-W
    Follow Me: Twitter / YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by jacob.schwarz View Post
    Brent,

One quick question couldn't find in then Q&A.

1. What do we have to turn into Red when we upgrade to Weapon CF? Do we need to send in a mount? Side Module? etc.
    "NOTE: As part of the upgrade, RED requires you send in your DRAGON BRAIN, DSMC SIDE SSD MODULE, and DSMC Lens Mount for evaluation. If you have a PL Lens Mount, please make sure this is the one you are sending in. Any lens mount sent in during upgrade will be returned to you with the WEAPON upgrade package. If RED determines any non-Warranty repairs are necessary we will issue you a service quote before we can proceed with the upgrade."
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

Hey Brent,

This is awesome and really helps make it all clear. Thanks for taking the time to create this!

I do have one suggestion- to clarify that anyone who purchased used SSD mags (via reduser, eBay, Craigslist, etc) aren't eligible for the mini-mag trade-in program... At least that was my understanding. Due to this, I've been trying to sell my regular 128 mags on the used market and a lot of people are asking if they are buy them to be used for the trade-in program and they cannot.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Lancaster View Post
    Brian,

Reading the pricing chart and I have a question. I'm going to upgrade my epic-m dragon to woven cf weapon with the selected option for the 8k upgrade. On the price chart it says the preorder 8k price is $10,000 and deposit amount none. So would I pay the $5k deposit this week, $27k when my weapon is ready, and $10k when the 8k sensor is ready or is it $10k deposit this week, $27k deposit when weapon is ready? Thanks again!
    That is because the $10,000 “NAB special” price for the 8K sensor upgrade is not a deposit, it is a pre-payment. Total price is $10,000. Not a $10,000 deposit with more due later.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post

RETAIL PRICE**
    PACKAGE DISCOUNT*****
    PRE-ORDER PRICE
    DEPOSIT AMOUNT
    TRADE-IN CAMERA TYPE
    TRADE-IN CREDIT
    AMOUNT DUE AT SHIPPING
    NONE
    NONE
    $10,000
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    NONE
    Michael, the $10,000 is the only amount due and that is the “PRE-ORDER PRICE” listed for the sensor upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald MJ Anderson View Post
    I was looking for a total.

On first glance I read an upgrade from D M to W Mg as 12K. But then I realised it was only the amount due at shipping. The deposit of 5K plus 12k at shipping totals 17K.

I think there should be a total column for clarity.
    Ok, you want a column that adds up your deposit and amount due at shipping to show “out of pocket cost”? Sure, ok, we can add that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey M View Post
    Hey Brent,

This is awesome and really helps make it all clear. Thanks for taking the time to create this!

I do have one suggestion- to clarify that anyone who purchased used SSD mags (via reduser, eBay, Craigslist, etc) aren't eligible for the mini-mag trade-in program... At least that was my understanding. Due to this, I've been trying to sell my regular 128 mags on the used market and a lot of people are asking if they are buy them to be used for the trade-in program and they cannot.
    Obviously, we are looking to credit people on the initial investment they put in directly with RED. We don’t want to encourage a grey market where people are gobbling up REDMAGs at cost less than the $950 then getting a $950 credit.