Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: WEAPON Information Summary and Pricing FAQs

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Chad Lancaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    2,345
    Thanks for working hard on all of this. Jarred said that the deadlines would be extended till all this was up. When will the new 10 day to get your deposit in be?
    Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

    The Southwest
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #12  
    REDUSER.NET Brent Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    4,950
    Chad, Jarred we are giving you at least through the weekend. I would assume at least through Monday as I will touch base with Jarred then on new deadline...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Down the coast. Australia
    Posts
    345
    Nice work Brent.

    I'm locking in an upgrade only as long term want to end up on the 8k sensor. Weapon CF is definitely the only pathway for 8k????

    Going MG would be great and way more achievable financially for me and don't need the benefits of the CF, except for the carrot of 8k.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Down the coast. Australia
    Posts
    345
    Ah ha. Sorry Brent just found this. Assuming better (cheaper) to go the full hog now rather than upgrade later??


    Originally Posted by Jarred Land
    Yes I said it even before the announcement, The Carbon Weapon is not just for looks. The insides are dramatically faster... they need to be to be able to keep up with 8K. We don't have hard specs because we still are squeezing. We are at 8K 5:1 @ 24fps right now on 8K dragon.

    But don't worry, the boards fit inside the 6k MG. When the 8K dragon sensor is ready, you will be able to keep the MG body and just upgrade the Boards and the Sensor to get the full 8K Carbon performance. It will cost more of course than going straight to 8K Carbon right now, but the performance will be the same and 6K and 8K will be the distinction, not just the material.
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

    www.nalu.com.au
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #15  
    REDUSER.NET Brent Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    4,950
    Copy that, WesG. FAQs will have that added if not in there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Lancaster View Post
    Thanks for working hard on all of this. Jarred said that the deadlines would be extended till all this was up. When will the new 10 day to get your deposit in be?
    What deadline?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #17  
    REDUSER.NET Brent Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    4,950
    Although answered in FAQs.... (cough, cough)

    If you are an upgrader who wants to eventually go from WEAPON 6K to WEAPON 8K, you had until end of NAB to prepay/pre-order 8K upgrade at $10,000 all-in price. We extended that deadline to a TBA date, but plan on the deadline being soon. After that deadline, once we start taking 8K orders later on, total price will be at least double that $10,000 you can get it for now. So, at least $20,000....

    There is also a deadline for people purchasing new WEAPONs (ie, non-upgrade path). That deadline was also end of NAB - now, currently extended and TBA. This deadline for new WEAPON sales was a $5000 accesory credit that goes onto your account once your new WEAPON camera order is invoiced. After deadline, that credit is no more.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member A. Clint Litton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Phew. Since when I hit SUBMIT on the post, I have been looking out my front window to see if there are pitchforks and torches heading my way.
    Brent, you should breathe easy. Your hard work and commitment to both the company and the customers could never go unnoticed, and is always greatly appreciated. People here on RU may give you a hard time here and there, but no one could accuse you of not caring.
    Between the great things we cannot do and the small things we will not do, the danger is that we shall do nothing.
    - Adolphe Monod

    www.clintlitton.com
    www.obpfilms.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Down the coast. Australia
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Although answered in FAQs.... (cough, cough)

    If you are an upgrader who wants to eventually go from WEAPON 6K to WEAPON 8K, you had until end of NAB to prepay/pre-order 8K upgrade at $10,000 all-in price. We extended that deadline to a TBA date, but plan on the deadline being soon. After that deadline, once we start taking 8K orders later on, total price will be at least double that $10,000 you can get it for now. So, at least $20,000....

    There is also a deadline for people purchasing new WEAPONs (ie, non-upgrade path). That deadline was also end of NAB - now, currently extended and TBA. This deadline for new WEAPON sales was a $5000 accesory credit that goes onto your account once your new WEAPON camera order is invoiced. After deadline, that credit is no more.
    Heh everyone maybe we should check out the FAQ before hassling Brent???

    Great work. Whoop
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

    www.nalu.com.au
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #20  
    REDUSER.NET Brent Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    4,950
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Clint Litton View Post
    Brent, you should breathe easy. Your hard work and commitment to both the company and the customers could never go unnoticed, and is always greatly appreciated. People here on RU may give you a hard time here and there, but no one could accuse you of not caring.
    Wow, man, thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts