Thread: WEAPON - THE "WRONG" IDEA... (sanity check)

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pugh View Post
    You guys should put some money down.
    I am game - how about $49.500,- USD?

Peter
    You don't need eyes to see, You need a vision!
    www.petermajtan.com - www.derylgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Majtan View Post
    Now can YOU post any link to anyone from RED's top brass stating / confirming this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan S. View Post
    This is consistent with everything Jarred said in the past few months and is also consistent with Red upgrade path history to date.
    To read any more into that quote is simply making things up.
    You are asking me for a quote?
    This is like asking an atheist to prove that God doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan S. View Post
    This is like asking an atheist to prove that God doesn't exist.
    Now that actually would be easy when compared to trying to get you to open your eyes... ;o)
    You don't need eyes to see, You need a vision!
    www.petermajtan.com - www.derylgroup.com

Milan, why is it that you are so hellbent into believing what you can't confirm either? So far the information that we have from Jarred is that Epic Dragon will be in the upgrade path. What does that mean? we are not sure, who knows if RED is even fully sure, but so far their promise is that we will be able to stay on the upgrade path.

My understanding is that we would upgrade our Epic/Scarlet (BODY) Dragon (SENSOR) to a WEAPON (BODY) XXXX (SENSOR) I highly doubt they would stay on the Epic body form when the new sensor technology arrives. So YES, we might have to upgrade to Weapon, but that in no way shape or form means that Epic/Scarlet DRAGON owners won't be able to upgrade to that WEAPON/NEW SENSOR option. Jarred mentioned we will be. And that makes a lot of sense. You would not be able to upgrade your RED ONE MX to RED ONE Dragon, that just wouldn't make sense.

But what is for certain so far is that DRAGON owners will have a way to upgrade to new sensor technology, and that's very good news.

Okay this is last time I will post about this.

All the facts we DO have point out that you will have to upgrade to Weapn before considering further upgrades.
    It's the next logical step, according to Jarred and according to everything we know about insides of the Epic as well as according to the upgrade history so far. And I was here from the beginning.

To give people false hope that somehow their Epic Dragon sensors will be upgreadable is irresponsible and frankly stupid.
    The sole reason that we have Weapon today is because Epic body reached the end of upgradebility.
    Just like the MX and just like it would be preposterous to suggest that Red One would be able to be upgraded to Dragon.
    But by all means carry on drawing made up diagrams.

Milan and Peter, it sounds like you guys are actually saying the same thing. Nick might have been the only person under the impression that the current Scarlet/Epic bodies could simply get a new 2016 sensor dropped inside of it and be good to go. Nick, if that's not what you were assuming, my bad. But I'm sure your enthusiasm had other people interpreting that as a possibility.

Jarred's response was actually pretty vague, and nobody from RED has made any clarification, so they might not even be sure of what the next step will be.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

7. #77 Good Post 
    Good Post!!
    Tim Morris
    Director of Photography
    Creative Content Development Group
    Epic Dragon #07775 "Mike Lowry"