Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED WEAPON - Info and Data Sheets

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    The one with the REDvolt XL Eject Button -- right above it, it says "Weapon I/O" in what looks like a module-adapter sized (thinner, actually) piece...

https://twitter.com/hurlbutvisuals
    ...too much RED on the brain.

RED ONE# 43, RED ONE# 381
    EPIC-X# 43, EPIC-X# 385
    WEAPON (CF) #88

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Grossien View Post
    Josef, I can relate. I don't know either if I'll be able to make the upgrade in time.
    There's always the option of selling the equipment and buying new. How much of a difference this will mean is uncertain.
    I now of at least one person who sold his scarletX and bought a scarletD new because it didn't make much difference price wise. I think I remember it even came cheaper for him.
    It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one in this situation. Very frustrating. Selling the equipment and buying new may make a lot of sense, especially if any of the media/accessories (1.8 SSDs, potentially side handle etc) will not work with the new form factor. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Josef Gatti; 02-21-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Looking forward to this upgrade. Great work
    Jason Comparetto
    Cinema [Oxide]
    www.CinemaOxide.com
    www.JasonCases.com

Epic-X #707 and the finest camera cases in the World
    Phantom 4k Flex available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Updated with the new pricing on the Mysterium-X to Dragon upgrade in the first post.
    Phil, you might want to add, that

If you own a Dragon until the day before NAB you get an extra RED store credit towards acc, etc. when purchasing the Weapon upgrade. The amount of the credit depends on the amount of dragon upgrades done by then. Or - which is somewhat unclear - you can "buy" yourself an earlier upgrade spot in the line.
    (So the update doesn't come cheaper per se when you own dragon before NAB, but you get a credit to spend on other stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes but the price doesn't actually go down, you just get an extra credit of the difference put back on your account. You can use that credit towards an early spot for the weapon upgrade @ NAB if you want, or on accessories etc.
    Something witty this way comes.

Hi Phill,

How will this effect our RedRockets? Will they still work with the Weapon Sensor?

Best!
    Wez
    Wezley Joao Ferreira
    Freelance Digital Image Technician & Dailies Colorist
    London - Cape Town - Johannesburg

I dont mind a name discussion but this thread is supossed to be known info and no to very little noise. So please start a new thread about the name. Thank you please:)
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    I dont mind a name discussion but this thread is supossed to be known info and no to very little noise. So please start a new thread about the name. Thank you please:)
    Totally agree!!
    Eric Oh, CSC
    Cinematographer

www.vimeopro.com/ericoh/dop
    www.instagram.com/ericoh_csc

Monstro | Sigma Cine Primes | GL Optics 70-200mm | Clavius Lenses | Teradek RT Latitude | Teradek Bolt XT

It's been mentioned inconclusively that people who upgrade to dragon before nab will get a nice chunk of change back / a discount or credit towards an additional weapon upgrade. Is this seperate from the price being lowered back down to $9500?

An explicit statement about all the discounts available along the entire upgrade path epic>dragon>weapon would be very helpful. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sean Talbott; 02-22-2015 at 10:08 AM.

What I don't understand is why make the upgrade a two step process? What is the big hurry to get something new out? I think Red should take their time and make a product that is ready to be rolled out complete. I am in no hurry to upgrade my Dragon, I would prefer to wait to do the body upgrade, when the sensor is ready... upgrade both at once. Then there is less downtime shipping the camera back to Red and the firmware/color science will have the bugs worked out.

I know they have not released any specs so maybe there will be a reason to upgrade but at this point my opinion is you are putting the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by gregkraus View Post
    What I don't understand is why make the upgrade a two step process? What is the big hurry to get something new out? I think Red should take their time and make a product that is ready to be rolled out complete. I am in no hurry to upgrade my Dragon, I would prefer to wait to do the body upgrade, when the sensor is ready... upgrade both at once. Then there is less down downtime shipping the camera back to Red and the firmware and color science will have the bugs worked out.

I know they have not released any specs so maybe there will be a reason to upgrade but at this point my opinion is you are putting the cart before the horse.
    There is a sense that this is a body upgrade and not a sensor upgrade. So, assuming this is correct, waiting for a sensor to be ready is not part of the process. I think what Jarred is doing is giving the best head's up - and the opportunity for "the faithful" to potentially save some money - while allowing RED to plan better for the transition forward. My take. No guarantees I know of what I speak. :-)