Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED WEAPON - Info and Data Sheets

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josef Gatti View Post
    Hi Phil,

Could you link me to any reference about Epic MX upgrades to Dragon ending? I can't seem to find any. If this is true my heart will truly be broken. I've been working on a feature film for the last 18 months for pennies and have not been able to afford the upgrade, and I'll likely be in this boat for another 6 months. I want to upgrade but this is just not possible for me right now.
    Jarred said the assembly lines would transfer over to Weapon upgrades some time next summer IIRC. (I'll look for the post.) I am sure more info will be provided well in advance.

Hi Phil,

Could you link me to any reference about Epic MX upgrades to Dragon ending? I can't seem to find any. If this is true my heart will truly be broken. I've been working on a feature film for the last 18 months for pennies and have not been able to afford the upgrade, and I'll likely be in this boat for another 6 months. I want to upgrade but this is just not possible for me right now.
    A feature for 18 months for just pennies?!

Anyways. Here's Jarred's quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Come summer our MX to Dragon upgrade line changes over so the old process logistically needs to end.
    The actual date is approximately the end of June 2015. However, there is moderately good news. You can upgrade at a discounted rate of what looks to be $9500 starting Monday the 23rd and this will run through NAB 2015.

You won't have 6 to get your ducks in a row though. You've got about 2 or 4 depending on how you want to proceed.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Where did that WeaponIO picture come from? I can't find the source... Is it what I think it is (XLRs with physical control knobs)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Where did that WeaponIO picture come from? I can't find the source... Is it what I think it is (XLRs with physical control knobs)?
    I honestly don't know which of the pictures you're referring to. There is a picture of something with pins and ports, but that could be a closeup of anything really.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    A feature for 18 months for just pennies?!

The actual date is approximately the end of June 2015. However, there is moderately good news. You can upgrade at a discounted rate of what looks to be $9500 starting Monday the 23rd and this will run through NAB 2015.

You won't have 6 to get your ducks in a row though. You've got about 2 or 4 depending on how you want to proceed.
    Pretty crazy eh, it's a project I'm producing and shot (on MX) and have put my life on hold to complete. I know it's crazy but getting funding for features down under is immensely difficult.

That is good news for others about the $9500 tag, but unfortunately I won't be able to swing that in the time frame. The timing is devastating.

Updated with the new pricing on the Mysterium-X to Dragon upgrade in the first post.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Hoping Weapon will have upgraded cooling!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sinder View Post
    Hoping Weapon will have upgraded cooling!
    I think the upgraded cooling is probably one of the biggest reasons for the body redesign.
    Dp Reel
    http://www.joncarrdp.com
    Camera & Lighting Rentals in NYC
    http://www.visualcinema.com/rentals/cameras/
    Instagram
    http://instagram.com/joncarrdp
    Carbon Fiber WEAPON Helium #651 "MISTRESS"
    DJI Ronin 2 R2D2
    Schneider Xenon FF primes PL

It's REDcode or no code...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I honestly don't know which of the pictures you're referring to. There is a picture of something with pins and ports, but that could be a closeup of anything really.
    The one with the REDvolt XL Eject Button -- right above it, it says "Weapon I/O" in what looks like a module-adapter sized (thinner, actually) piece...

Pretty crazy eh, it's a project I'm producing and shot (on MX) and have put my life on hold to complete. I know it's crazy but getting funding for features down under is immensely difficult.

That is good news for others about the $9500 tag, but unfortunately I won't be able to swing that in the time frame. The timing is devastating.
    Josef, I can relate. I don't know either if I'll be able to make the upgrade in time.
    There's always the option of selling the equipment and buying new. How much of a difference this will mean is uncertain.
    I now of at least one person who sold his scarletX and bought a scarletD new because it didn't make much difference price wise. I think I remember it even came cheaper for him.
    Something witty this way comes.