Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED WEAPON - Info and Data Sheets

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Christopher-lee dos Santo's Avatar
    Awesome Phil. Thanks for this. Much appreciated. Will keep checking in for updates.
    -Christiopher-lee dos Santos
    www.dsfilmsentertainment.com
    Scarlet Dragon - Zeiss Compact Prime 2 Set

Thanks Phil!!
    Tim Morris
    Director of Photography
    Creative Content Development Group
    Epic Dragon #07775 "Mike Lowry"

If I ever decide to get off the RED carousel, I will just quietly stop buying RED products and go buy something else. Vote with your feet, as the saying goes.

Why do people feel compelled to announce in a RED forum that they intend to buy a different camera? Just seems weird to me.

Maybe because other camera companies don't run active and interesting forums? I really don't know. It's just such a strange phenomenon. I didn't buy an AJA Cion either, but I don't feel compelled to tell AJA all about how I'm not buying their product.....

This is a good thread, Phil, definitely needed. But maybe a lock, stickied version might be in order....to keep that signal to noise thing controlled. (she says, thereby adding to the noise....)

Totally psyched to hear and see more about this upgrade. Hopefully we can all get order info as soon as NAB opens it's doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I changed the line a bit. By the nature of the benefits of owning a Carbon Dragon (and maybe even the line to upgrade to Carbon Weapon if that exists) they have a separate "line" at RDC to upgrade. But, yes. The time stamp on your order is the most important thing.

I'm personally curious to see how the upgrade process goes. Red did a lot of advancing of the "lines" during Dragon's upgrade process. We obviously don't know the complexity of the Weapon upgrade just yet, but if can be trimmed to the realm of 5-10 business days it would make many happy.
    Just was thinking how neat it would be if RED found an inexpensive way to make a Carbon Fiber body they could incorporate as standard. This would be a great way to lighten the load.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

6. #16 Will it be "who hits the button fastest"? 
    The real question I have is how does one get an early time stamp for the Weapon upgrade?

I was at the RED NAB booth when the show floor opened at 9:00 in 2013 and the Dragon upgrade queue opened. By the time I was able to go online and get in line there were hundreds of folks ahead of me. I came away from that experience feeling like I should have sat in my hotel room until I got my time stamp and then headed over to RED's booth.

There are likely several hundred of us, maybe more, who are already planning to Weaponize as soon as possible. If RED sticks with the same protocol as in 2013, is it just a matter of getting on RED.com and hitting refresh repeatedly until the order button goes live? That's what Zeb did in 2013 and he got his Dragon upgrade notice 6 months before I did. I would sure miss the excitement of being one of the first people at the RED booth and sharing the moment with all the RED peeps...

Have the details of the Weapon ordering process been announced yet? I got the impression that wouldn't be known until closer to NAB, but if there's a thread I missed…

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    Have the details of the Weapon ordering process been announced yet? I got the impression that wouldn't be known until closer to NAB, but if there's a thread I missed…

Cheers - #19
    The ordering process and details haven't been expanded on yet other that what's at the first post of this thread.

NAB will answer much of these questions though and if there's any news I'll be keeping this up to date as much as humanly possible.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Really excited for more information :)

I am somewhat unhappy that the mini mag is being shoved down our throats though...

Hi Phil,

Could you link me to any reference about Epic MX upgrades to Dragon ending? I can't seem to find any. If this is true my heart will truly be broken. I've been working on a feature film for the last 18 months for pennies and have not been able to afford the upgrade, and I'll likely be in this boat for another 6 months. I want to upgrade but this is just not possible for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hague View Post
    Really excited for more information :)

I am somewhat unhappy that the mini mag is being shoved down our throats though...
    I really think its just a practical reality. I believe they are faster, which is necessary for the new data rates. I don't think it's any more nefarious an issue than that.