Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: MARKETPLACE RULES

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 MARKETPLACE RULES 
    Hi Folks.

Recently I have had to remind a few people about the bumping rules here at REDuser.

Take a moment to review the policy and especially rule number 3.

This is a friendly reminder. I don't want to have to start closing threads and banning people.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/announcement.php?f=69

The rules are here for everybody, please obey and respect them.

Battistella
    Last edited by David Battistella; 02-12-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Bump. Please read the rules.

Battistella
    -William Blake

May I recommend changing the content of this similar sticky'd thread in this same sub-forum?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...etplace-Policy

Two different posts from the same mod with different information. Yes I know that the one you posted is more recent, but I'm sure most people who are not aware will just read one or the other. That's what I did a couple weeks ago, and I read the thread that said 24 hours and proceeded to bump at that frequency thinking I was operating within the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey
    Please refrain from bumping your own thread more than once per 24 hour period. Bumping is fine, provided you keep it reasonable... You may also want to delete your old bumps so as to make the pertinent information in your thread more visible as you go along if you have a thread that lasts a couple weeks or whatever.
    [SIZE="1"]R. Austin Glass | Seattle, WA
    DP / MoVI
    Epic-W #000346 | Scarlet-W #000368
    Twitter | IMDb

Thanks we are looking into it.

It's nothing personal. We want all users to share the same experience in the marketplace. Sometimes people don't know or follow the rules and we have to remind them of the rules.

Your thread will be reopened if you send me a reminder.

Plus, don't try and skirt the rules by adding a few photos every day, etc.

What is acceptable.

Altering the original post with Photo's - BUT adding a post saying photo's added will count as a bump. So add photos at the onset or plan your photo additions.
    4-5 bumps per month if
    nothing changes.

When a repost into your thread is acceptable.

-Reasonable price drops. (not five or ten dollars) but looked at more as a percentage.
    -A significant change - report a final sale. If you report it sold mark the thread as sold.
    -Response to a legitimate question from a buyer. (don't create fake user accounts for this purpose)

Add new information to the first post in your listing. If you bump for this purpose it will be considered bumping.

Battistella
    -William Blake

Just bumping this as a reminder
    -William Blake

Can we update the rules so that one person can't create 15 threads with one item each and then bump them all separately? I hate going through the forum and seeing 15 posts in a row from the same person advertising a series of lenses, ONE, AT, A, TIME. Consolidate please? Otherwise I am going to break up my ND set and post them one by one.. :)
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Banned
    I am also going to say, I dont think its right for someone to bump 15 threads at once.. its like total takeover of the for sale forum

Ok.

We are listening. We want the marketplace to be fair for everybody.
    Some folks sell more here than others and some people drop in to just sell stuff.
    We want it to be balanced. We create a framework and people operate within the framework. If that needs to change we will look at it. Like the rest of the forum we'd want the marketplace respected.

Thanks for your feedback.

Battistella
    -William Blake

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Glass View Post
    May I recommend changing the content of this similar sticky'd thread in this same sub-forum?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...etplace-Policy

Two different posts from the same mod with different information. Yes I know that the one you posted is more recent, but I'm sure most people who are not aware will just read one or the other. That's what I did a couple weeks ago, and I read the thread that said 24 hours and proceeded to bump at that frequency thinking I was operating within the rules.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This was an oversight on my part. I forgot to redirect that sticky to the forum announcement when I made it (as I had done for the sticky in the other sub-forum, at the time) I have replaced the content of that thread with a link to the forum announcement that is visible across all marketplace sub-forums, and is where you can reference the current rules (and pending future changes). I apologize for that oversight.

The forum announcement *should* be the only official list of rules governing use of the marketplace. If you notice any other old postings that may contradict them, please feel free to pm me a link so that I can correct it.

Thanks.
    Landmine Media

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Chavez View Post
    Can we update the rules so that one person can't create 15 threads with one item each and then bump them all separately? I hate going through the forum and seeing 15 posts in a row from the same person advertising a series of lenses, ONE, AT, A, TIME. Consolidate please? Otherwise I am going to break up my ND set and post them one by one.. :)
    We are discussing a few rule changes based on recent feedback and David's hard work in recent weeks trying to tackle some outstanding issues with the marketplace.

You should anticipate that this issue will be addressed with the next amendment to the marketplace guidelines.
    Landmine Media