Thread: 5 top requests for Cineform

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 5 top requests for Cineform 
    Hi I've been following the Cineform developments at NAB regarding Raw conversion and I must say they seem to be doing a great job. Well done !!!

As somebody seriously looking at Cineform as a possibility for my DI workflow I think it would be good to outline customers top 5 features we would like to see for the Mac platform. Windows users please feel free to contribute too.

As somebody already using DVCPROHD and HDCAM as well as a future RED owner my top 5 are.

1. HD Link working without emulation on Mac (DVCPROHD Conversion being my first priority 24/25p then HDCAM)

2. AJA Kona 3 Support (SD,1080,2K, monitoring and output of Cineform would do me just fine at the moment, both NTSC and Pal formats 24/25p 50/60i)

3. As their is no other DVI-D 2K Monitoring option (please correct me if I'm wrong) Full support NTSC and PAL for Blackmagic HD Link Pro.

4 Blackmagic HD Link Extreem support (I sometimes work with Blackmagic products, having this supported would really cover all the basics.

5. ..........Thats it. My wishlist !!! With these items support I could see myself using Cineform for a long time to come.

G

Till, HD Link will be ported, but I realize that doesn't answer your question. We're actively working on Mac features/performance which is currently taking priority over the HD Link port.

Till, we are in complete agreement with you. Thanks for reinforcing the point. We'll get it done....