Thread: HotLink or Redlink Bridge

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I Know I asked above but can anyone recomend a USB power source? I'm very keen on the Hotlink and I'm looking for a trusted and proven USB power solution for it...

I just purchased bot the OffHollywood HotLink and the FoolControl App, however the app is not connecting to the camera.
    My ios devices connect to the HotLink wifi, however no love anywhere else.

Anyone else had these issues and have resolved them?

Not too happy that ive spent over $800 with nothing to show for it ...

Im running an Epic Dragon. Have the HotLink powered via USB 5V, connected to the CNTRL port, set the red to Protocol setting etc etc ..

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER GLAVANICS View Post
    I just purchased bot the OffHollywood HotLink and the FoolControl App, however the app is not connecting to the camera.
    My ios devices connect to the HotLink wifi, however no love anywhere else.

Anyone else had these issues and have resolved them?

Not too happy that ive spent over $800 with nothing to show for it ...

Im running an Epic Dragon. Have the HotLink powered via USB 5V, connected to the CNTRL port, set the red to Protocol setting etc etc ..
    As replied by email, please check (if you can) on a different camera to rule out any camera issue... then if you can connect to the hotlink but not to the camera it is possibly an issue with the hotlink cable since you do have everything else setup OK.

Maybe you can also try to reset the hotlink back to factory settings in case some settings were changed in the web UI... this should be explained on OH website or one of the FAQ links I've sent.
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Does offhollywood or anyone still sell the hotlink? Has it been replaced by something else or better (I see this is a pretty old thread). I am in the market for something I can use the FoolControl app with, considering the redlink but I am hearing in this thread that the hotlink is better. How can I get a hold of one or is there something else more practical now on the market?

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee M View Post
    Does offhollywood or anyone still sell the hotlink? Has it been replaced by something else or better (I see this is a pretty old thread). I am in the market for something I can use the FoolControl app with, considering the redlink but I am hearing in this thread that the hotlink is better. How can I get a hold of one or is there something else more practical now on the market?
    I think the last batch produced by OH is now sold out... but you can still find some used HotLink or Hotbox as people move to DSMC2 and sell their wifi aks since it is built in new cameras...

As an alternative, you can use :
    -a REDLink ... easy to use (no wires and config from camera UI) but requires batteries to be either before it (Dual / Quad REDVolts) or deported on rails / further to the back if using VLock.
    - a Teradek COLR (wireless LUT box) offers a strong wifi radio that is compatible with foolcontrol (via DSMC1 GIG-E connector)
    - a Latitude from RTMotion (offering options for wireless follow focus on electronic or manual lenses and more)
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

u can do it like we did last year. Get the Mövi battery plate and put the red bridge plate on the back and gaff a video Transmitter on the batt.
    At the moment we use the paralinx ace on weapon.
    Almost no cables on epic.

On weapon more cables, cause THC doesnt work as EF follow focus on DSMC2.
    DSMC1 was much cleaner cablewise.
    Attached Images
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220