Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: FOOLCONTROL for Iphone @ IBC

Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
    Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfo CV View Post
    Hey Mika,

Iím running the latest beta (DSMC2 Beta Build v6.4.23) and Iím getting some issues I havenít seen before in the foolcontrol App (Version: 2.71) before. I thought Iíd share in case they havenít been reported.

will reply in detail in a bit.
    For loss of auto-detect, if on iPhone, have you tried switching to airplane mode and then only enabling wifi to avoid the cellular network switch back... recent iOS tends to do this more often....

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Christen View Post
    Michael,

Any chance you will release the new build by tomorrow?
    Thanks!
    I submitted one to Apple yesterday... hopefully validated by tomorrow... 2.75
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post

I submitted one to Apple yesterday... hopefully validated by tomorrow... 2.75
    Thanks Micheal! Will check tomorrow.

2.78 released today finally fixed the REC SETTINGS page loading issue. Thanks Thai.

I put foolcontrol 2.78 under stress test on a commercial shoot yesterday. Two Alexa Minis on ground. For aerials we used my drone setup with EpicW and Rtmotion Latitude Mk3.1 FIZ, shooting in 8K and 6K for highspeed. In some of the aerials client wants to integrate CGI though.

I can confirm, rec settings page issue is fixed. Everything worked great. No connection drop out. Beta 6.4.23 was installed on my main EpicW, shooting IPP2. However, I had a second EpicW body as backup with Release 6.3.102 (just in case). But ended up using only beta. No problem.

I demonstrated foolcontrol to the DP and director. They were highly impressed. Also when reviewing the shots. No need to even touch the camera. Just my iPod Touch. They told me, this is something Arri should have done too. Their wifi solution sucks.

The only thing when use on drone, once the drone is out of wifi range, it takes a while to re-establish connection when drone is back within range. And you have to hit scan network manually. I think the best solution would be to invest in a second Latitude.

EDIT: In direct wifi mode, when moving iPod Touch of of range and then back, re-establishing connection is automatically and quite fast. Not sure why it doesn't work in infrastructure mode (via Latitude) though.

Thanks a lot Michael!
    Last edited by Thai Christen; 06-15-2017 at 02:42 AM. Reason: EDIT

Apologies if this has already been addressed but I didn't see the subject listed on the site it so I wanted to ask about Android support for users who don't have Apple products. Is there an Android version available? If not, is there any intention to build an Android version?
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    IMDB // Facebook // Official Site (Under Construction)

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

Hi Mikael,

Csn you please give me a very simple explanation of what I would need to make fool control work on my Epic Dragon. I believe you can hardwire into the camera via ethernet but the wireless option is super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Apologies if this has already been addressed but I didn't see the subject listed on the site it so I wanted to ask about Android support for users who don't have Apple products. Is there an Android version available? If not, is there any intention to build an Android version?
    Hello. For now it is iOS / macOS only. And runs on cheaper/older iPad / iPod touch if you do not use an iPhone (iOS 8.1 minimum). Things could change next year with the Hydrogen one...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Kelly View Post
    Hi Mikael,

Csn you please give me a very simple explanation of what I would need to make fool control work on my Epic Dragon. I believe you can hardwire into the camera via ethernet but the wireless option is super cool.
    In a nutshell you will need a REDLink bridge, RTMotion latitude or Teradek COLR / SERV device to create the wifi network on a DSMC1 brain...
    Various options are detailed in this pdf : foolcolor.net/tips.pdf

Thanks for the reply Mikael. Looks like I'll be waiting then.
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    IMDB // Facebook // Official Site (Under Construction)

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

9. #499 "Lend" license to my employee for 1 day shoot? 
    Sorry if this is been answered before but is it possible to land my license or app to one of my employees for a limited period of time to cover a one day shoot ? The job will require focus and latitude compatibility Thank you Mikael et all...
    PAUL CHRISTOPHER GREENE
    director | Local 600 DP | composer

Chicago, IL | worldwide

www.paulchristophergreene.com

RED Epic Dragon - MoVI - Helix Seal Team - Proline Raven Steadicam "AR" Config. - Modifed X-Fold UHL 55 pound FAA 333 UAV
    Zeiss, Leica, Canon primes & zooms - RT Motion 2 motor force joystick FIZ, Paralinx Tomahawk
    nMac Pro, Adobe CC, Media Composer, Devinci Resolve, AVID Protools surround studio +