Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Interchangable OLPFs

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    so ,
    is there any difference (debayer wise) in RCX and SDK apps , because of the different OLPF ?

or when swapping the OLPF , you set it in camera as well , so basically no difference in post ? (i guess aside the ADD fix...)

thanks

g

2. #102 Sorry I have to spill my Kool-Aid on this one. 
    How about make a sensor and/or OLPF that is good enough to work in any situation? Am I the only one that thinks this is a cop-out? Does each one come with its own special highlight smear and aberrations?

Can I assume that you have to black shade immediately after changing OLPF's?
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI

Sorry if this has been answered already. If I send in my IR camera for upgrade by the end of month, will you be able to remount my IR OLPF in the system? I red Jarred speaking of two options available for now.. does this exclude the possibility to keep my current OLPF as part of the set?
    IVAN FRIEDMAN

« Ce qu'on te reproche, cultive-le. C'est toi » Jean Cocteau

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan friedman View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already. If I send in my IR camera for upgrade by the end of month, will you be able to remount my IR OLPF in the system? I red Jarred speaking of two options available for now.. does this exclude the possibility to keep my current OLPF as part of the set?
    Yes. We cannot re-use an OLPF once pulled from a previously fixed formation, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    yes that will come.. because you need to be able to change it if you set it wrong in the camera :)
    I see what you did there.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Greenberg View Post
    Can I assume that you have to black shade immediately after changing OLPF's?
    I would think not, because when you blackshade, no light is hitting the sensor or passing through whatever OLPF you have installed. I can't see how it would affect blackshadiing at all.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Auburn & Portland, ME
    www.airstream.pictures
    EPIC-M Dragon #1053

I was literally going to send in my camera today for the upgrade with OLPF1 after getting all my RMA and documentation ready when BOOM, here it is. Great news!

I have a question related to my particular case: can you guys hold on my camera and integrate this upgrade? Only need it from 12th October onwards. I know this sounds off but I have a major problem. I'm sending it in from far, far away for the Dragon Upgrade, which means a big chunk of $, but more importantly, the risk of something going wrong on the way there... This would be a godsend, and would definitely get the second OLPF at the same time! Can you also share what service centres are authorised and will provide this upgrade? Thanks Red Team, well, done!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post
    I was literally going to send in my camera today for the upgrade with OLPF1 after getting all my RMA and documentation ready when BOOM, here it is. Great news!

I have a question related to my particular case: can you guys hold on my camera and integrate this upgrade? Only need it from 12th October onwards. I know this sounds off but I have a major problem. I'm sending it in from far, far away for the Dragon Upgrade, which means a big chunk of $, but more importantly, the risk of something going wrong on the way there... This would be a godsend, and would definitely get the second OLPF at the same time! Can you also share what service centres are authorised and will provide this upgrade? Thanks Red Team, well, done!
    My personal experience says no. When I upgraded my first camera, the v2 OLPF was announced and I asked they hold my camera until they finished testing and could install the new OLPF. After a period of time my camera came back with the Dragon sensor but with v1 OLPF. Had to resend it shortly thereafter to get the new OLPF installed.

But maybe they are not so slammed now and can accommodate you. Who knows? Just relating my experience.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post

Replied to PM.