Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Interchangable OLPFs

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Interchangable OLPFs 
    The interchangeable OLPFs for Dragon begin shipping at the end of the month.

Each OLPF module is $195. We will begin with shipping the "Low Light Optimized" and the "Skin Tone-Highlight"

"Low Light Optimized" is the original Dragon OLPF tuned for shooting higher ASA shooting, and similar to the OLPF used in the Epic MX.

"Skin Tone - Highlight" is the current OLPF shipping with Dragon that offers a stop of extra highlight protection, the most incredibly accurate skin-tones and color science as well as additional flare control, with the expense of a stop of light sensitivity.

We are working on an array of OLPF Modules including:

Underwater : Tuned for underwater shooting
    IR Monochrome : Tuned for shooting B&W IR images.
    IR Color: Tuned for shooting Color IR images
    Dragon Standard : In the middle of the "Low Light Optimized" and the " Skin Tone - Highlight " .
    Monochrome: Standard Monochrome OLPF

For customers that have taken delivery of a camera with the previous OLPF system we will convert your cameras to the new system for free at any RED Certified Service Centers.
    If you are not able to send to a service center, contact dragonupgrade@red.com to get a modification kit sent to you for $100. Need to send back your old OLPF to get a credit of $100 to net free modification. Will need to do one-off firmware update to have camera moved from “fixed OLPF” status to “swappable”.

Last edited by Brent Carter; 09-11-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added links to RED.com for each OLPF

Sweet!

Awesome! Does this mean cameras that have yet to be upgraded to Dragon will now receive the new upgradable system?

Any idea as to the ETA of that standard "middle ground" OLPF?
    Between the great things we cannot do and the small things we will not do, the danger is that we shall do nothing.
    - Adolphe Monod

www.clintlitton.com
    www.obpfilms.com

Love this.

Would be cool if you could add to the arsenal and include OLPF's with lens characteristics of some older glass. And Pro Mists, etc.

Incredibly cool!
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

ohhh yessssss Sweet >
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    MONSTRO 8k CF #831 "BLACK PEARL" , EPIC-W GEMINI # "DAFNE".
    ARRI ALEXA EV , ALEXA MINI LF "ROZI"

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

I'm very excited about this! I have a Scarlet Dragon (BT) on the way. Hmm. Time to contact my rep...

very interested to start seeing comparisons of all these! that said i looove my skintone/highlight OLPF right now and even at 2000asa i'm getting images i used to contemplate murder to achieve.
    Director.Cinematographer.Editor
    Burning Shade Productions
    www.vimeo.com/seancruser

Nice! Can't wait!!! That Dragon Standard sounds like a winner for 85% of the user base.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Clint Litton View Post
    Awesome! Does this mean cameras that have yet to be upgraded to Dragon will now receive the new upgradable system?
    When Jarred says end of month, it means four things all at same time. The kits to buy, existing DRAGON owners can send in to be switched to swappable, upgrades moving forward will have the swappable system, and new cameras will have new swappable system. All kick off on same day, hard cutover.

EDIT: Someone asked if they send in a camera for repair, will it automatically be upgraded to swappable OLPF system? Answer is "no". We will only upgrade to that upon customer request.
    Last edited by Brent Carter; 09-16-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added info on repair