Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: "Alleged" SCAM ARTIST LIST - Add yours here.

Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    John leahy , Definitely a Scammer. he is trying to sell a "brand new" ready rig for almost half the normal price and only wants to accept bank transfer. What annoys me is He has already been identified as a scammer and REDUSER hasn't banned him. Luckily im smart enough not to fall for something so stupid, but someone else might not be. BAN these pricks PLEASE!

Hey guys, ive been scammed by John Leahy (REAL NAME Devan Chisholm living in Denver) got me out of only 900 USD, im located in UAE but have filed a report with FTC in USA and will be continuing conversation and investigation as we have solid information on him now. I have also been in contact with the REAL John Leahy who is actually in a whole other continent and has stated this is now the 2nd time it has happened to him. Devan has used John's photos and details to create this fake profile.
    If anyone knows anymore information on Devan please come forward.

FJS international
    Im moving a lawsuit against the company.
    facts : I choosed one specific alexa mini camera from his webpage including website item product code, but after a month, FJS offered me other camera, but did not explained exactly why. He probably found for a lower price to bit a little more money. SCAMMER !
    The camera never arrived, and the refund was never offered, Im fighting for that. FJS says that was victim of a scam...but FJS never registered any police report anywhere...of course a scammer will not notify the police about himself SCAMMER !
    I already spent USD 25,000.00 with a lawyer. FJS offered to pay in 12x ( after 15 months ) with like 5% interest...but they changed mind and now offered to pay in 12x without any interest ( after 15 months ) SCAMMER !

settlement done, case closed
    FJS and I have resolved our dispute on an amicable basis.
    Last edited by Gabriel Bemerghi; 03-24-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Sheetal Parab, Amrut Parab and Shamal Parab.
    I bought one Tod ao lens set two years ago from the formelly family company named HYPERBEES-MUMBAY-INDIA, that lens set hasn´t never delivered...hundreds of different excuses was said by the Parab family team, INCLUDING a FAKE trakking number SCAMMER !
    I received till now as refund...two k35 zoom lenses in bad condition ( as 15k each ) and one alexa mini camera rented from a UK based company, but the ownership wasnt sent one month after promissed, still waiting... SCAMMER !
    Martin Ubilluz from Florida is in the same situation after two years...They even mentioned to him one inexisting wire transfer SCAMMER !
    Last edited by Gabriel Bemerghi; 03-11-2020 at 05:35 PM.

I have a Raven kit that I just listed FS today, 3/10. I got a suspicous reply from a guy named Eslam saying "im interested" and then he switched to PM's. I noticed that he had replied to several FS posts today, asking if their item was sold or still available - you can click on his name and then click on "view forum posts" to see who he's phishing. He PM'd me asking some really stupid questions that were already clearly answered in my listing, and he/she doesn't know anything about cameras, has 4 posts to his name, and has no last name or location either, a rule on the forum. All highly suspicous and red flags to me. Just wanted to get the word out to be careful with this one. His second PM to me was "ok my friend so what the Procedures of the shipping and payment" .

As I'm writing this I'm going back/forth with him - he's DEFINITELY A SCAMMER. I replied to him "You keep asking questions that are already answered in the post. where are you located?", and he just replied "yes i noticed late im sorry, so the payment transfer will be from Kuwait but the shipping will be to a shipping company in the states" which is obviously a red flag. I asked him why he doesnt have a last name or location listed in his profile and he said "i made this account so i find a seller for specific red raven with a good price how my alst name help?"

I've PM'd all the other posters he's replied to today (3/10) to alert them directly. I would NOT deal with this person!
    EPIC #5593 "MAIA"
    RAVEN #1166
    REDucated feb 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hobson View Post
    Hey guys, ive been scammed by John Leahy (REAL NAME Devan Chisholm living in Denver) got me out of only 900 USD, im located in UAE but have filed a report with FTC in USA and will be continuing conversation and investigation as we have solid information on him now. I have also been in contact with the REAL John Leahy who is actually in a whole other continent and has stated this is now the 2nd time it has happened to him. Devan has used John's photos and details to create this fake profile.
    If anyone knows anymore information on Devan please come forward.
    Hey guys

Really important, I'm adding to Mark's post about a Devan Chisholm.

Will be a slightly long post, but it's worth sharing the story in case he tries it on anyone else.

I put up a 'WTB' post for a set of Cooke Speed Panchros in Arri STD Mount. A man under the name of 'Kevin Lang' who is a fellow Reduser member but hasn't been active in years emailed me with a response. He sent me a link to some photos and listed the lenses he had but not the serial numbers. He said that the lenses had to be paid for via bank to bank transfer "as it will be no hassle for our accountant". I asked for more photos and the serial numbers to check the validity of his ownership of the set of lenses. He sent me the serial numbers but not any photos and claimed that he had sent the set of lenses to the official Cooke Optics factory for escrow so he couldn't take any further photos. He claimed that once the invoice was paid he'd get in contact with cooke and they'd ship the lenses to me. I asked for a tracking number to prove that the lenses were in the UK and he stated that he didn't have one but he could give me one when Cooke send the lenses my way.

I was suspicious at this point but then I received an email from 'Cooke Optics Ltd. lenses@cookeoptics.com'. They confirmed this in a very casual way stating that they had received the lenses and that they had been serviced by Cooke a month ago and that they were ready to be sent to me once the seller has received payment. I checked the email and it is in fact an email thats on the official Cooke Optics website so I assumed this was a legit transaction as it had the manufacturers approval.

Still slightly suspicious I went to buy more time to look into the sale in depth, so I stalled the seller to do some research and stated that I'd rather do a paypal transaction and pay the extra fees than do a bank to bank transfer.
    He stated: "since I been receiving payments via bank for most of my gear and it’s a way we keep track of our sales. We sold most of our gear via bank so it’s just easier for us, there’s also no hassle with fewer fees. I mentioned early on in the emails the payment method. I was able to go as far as having it sent to Cooke Optics as an Escrow and bargaining on the price, so it would have been ideal that the payment choice wasn't a concern. Another potential buyer has been emailing us and is wanting to send payment on Wednesday for the lenses. If you can have the payment made out before Wednesday consider the deal still sealed."

A firm no on going down the Paypal route and added pressure on paying for the lenses before another buyer snatched them up. I googled the lens serial numbers and tried to make verbal confirmation with Cooke to see if they had actually received the lenses. Couldn't get through to Cooke but the google search had a match, and the exact lenses he was supposedly selling had been sold on Reduser 9 years ago. The pictures he had sent me were the same photos on this thread. http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...standard-mount

I got in contact with the seller of the actual lenses from 2011 and asked if this 'Kevin Lang' was the guy he sold the lenses too. He wasn't... I then checked the invoice and saw that the payment was actually made out to a 'Devan Chisholm'. The lenses weren't sold to him either... When googling his name I found this thread where Mark (quoted above) had unfortunately suffered a similar scam. I messaged 'Kevin Lang' and asked him about the name on the invoice and he stated: "There were another user apart of the forums that were impersonating my staff to receive transfers to an off shore account. I was able to have them banned by administrators on the forums and we already started investigating the incident". However, the Kevin Lang that I found on Reduser has been inactive for years.

Due to Covid19 Cooke Optics have temporarily shut down their factory so getting hold of them was a challenge but I eventually got through via email to two ladies who were super helpful and confirmed that the email I received was in fact NOT from Cooke and they stated that they do not service the Speed Panchros nor have they heard of a 'Kevin Lang' or anything about this transaction. I mentioned that the email came from one of their official emails and they are currently looking into it.

I carried on talking to this 'Kevin Lang' and asked who he purchased the lenses off of and when. He stated that he purchased them off of the original seller in 2011, which I knew was not true. I then received an email from the eliged original seller stating: "All is good Matthew. The set was purchased from me in May 2011. Buy with confidence. The sale went smoothly and Kevin was great to do business with." I messaged the actual seller again on Reduser and informed him that this 'Kevin Lang' is now impersonating him.

I feel really lucky to have not fallen for the scam and lost out on a large sum of money. Please be careful out there and do your research before buying. I also think it should be mandatory that sellers receive money via Paypal when shipping items on the Reduser marketplace as asking bank to bank transfer is very high risk and is what attracts scammers in the first place.

If anyone has anything to add to this I'd be grateful to hear.

Add this guy to the list : Scott Schneider‎ he posts camera equipment for sale at very attractive prices. He only accepts payment with unsecured payment platforms.
    When he is discoed as a scam he lists the item as sold and closes the tread.
    Beware.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Jones View Post
    Add this guy to the list : Scott Schneider‎ he posts camera equipment for sale at very attractive prices. He only accepts payment with unsecured payment platforms.
    When he is discoed as a scam he lists the item as sold and closes the tread.
    Beware.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    You are 100% correct about this guy Scott being a scammer.
    Closed down all his open & recently bumped threads as "SOLD" after user "Marcus Skin" exposed him.
    We all can see this stuff didn't just up & get sold, it's so obvious what's going on Scott.
    Looks like he ripped Marcus off with a "non-refundable deposit" - never trust anyone asking for non-refundable deposit, never.
    Man, I really hate people like Scott who cheat & steal.
    You really think your dad would approve of this Scott?
    Scoot's dad is Dean Schneider, owner of Film/VESCO in Denver & a super great guy in the industry for many many many years.
    Dean would be so ashamed to see that you have become a thief Scott.
    Last edited by David McMillian; 04-13-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    David McMillian
    dmcmillprods@gmail.com