Thread: Best backpack for Epic?

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just got back from two hell ski shoots in Canada and a cigar shoot in Nicaragua. Carried on the F-Stop satori for each trip with zero problems. Might want to ask for the monster ICU, its different from the XXL one and I think you have to call to request it. Monster ICU is extra deep, will only fit into satori, and somewhat hard separate top compartment from lower compartment compared to the large+small ICU route. Beauty of the monster is you can keep the handle and or bent down 5in LCD on the epic due to its extra deep nature. Also Monster will fit 70-200mm vertically.

The f-stop bags are really an amazing system, for my motion controlled time lapse kits I pop the ICU's into pelicans and thow them under the plane with an empty f-stop backpack. Then when you get to location you have the option of tossing the kitted out ICU into backpack and leaving the pelican at base camp. The large ICU fits perfectly into carry on pelican and the large and small fits into the next size up pelican.

Also down to post picks of the pelican+icu setup if requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fury View Post
    Clever...very clever. Anyone have air travel issues with f-stop?

Thank you very much

Fury
    Last edited by Daniel Kelly Brown; 06-15-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown View Post
    Just got back from two hell ski shoots in Canada and a cigar shoot in Nicaragua. Carried on the F-Stop satori for each trip with zero problems. Might want to ask for the monster ICU, its different from the XXL one and I think you have to call to request it. Monster ICU is extra deep, will only fit into satori, and somewhat hard separate top compartment from lower compartment compared to the large+small ICU route. Beauty of the monster is you can keep the handle and or bent down 5in LCD on the epic due to its extra deep nature. Also Monster will fit 70-200mm vertically.

The f-stop bags are really an amazing system, for my motion controlled time lapse kits I pop the ICU's into pelicans and thow them under the plane with an empty f-stop backpack. Then when you get to location you have the option of tossing the kitted out ICU into backpack and leaving the pelican at base camp. The large ICU fits perfectly into carry on pelican and the large and small fits into the next size up pelican.

Let me know if you want me to post pics of my current setup which will accommodate red epic with handle, screen, and lens attached + three additional lenses, two red bricks and or a bunch of revolts and room for a few other accessories. Also down to post picks of the pelican+icu setup.

Hi Daniel, Please post photos. Just to clarify, does the monster ICU fit into a 1510?
    Carbon Woven Stealth, RRX, KOWA ANAMORPHIC Full Production RENTALS

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?111020-FOR-RENT-CARBON-FIBER-DRAGON-SO-CAL-AREA-CON-U-S&highlight=Rent+Fury

949.689.5614 srgtfury@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Fury

Here are some pics below, last attempted the monster would not fit into the 1510, but let me give it one more attempt and get back to you. The large will fit and I currently have a medium and small in my 1510 for one of my time lapse kits. Also below backpack setup will accommodate the epic with red brick and red modular attachments for the battery.

Another thing to think about when considering your ICU size is the dividers that are provided. The below satori with monster ICU has some deeper and longer pads that allow for both diving the upper and lower compartments of the bag, as well as wrapping around the ready to shoot epic.

one more to demonstrate how I segmented the top compartment off from bottom with provided pads:
    Last edited by Daniel Kelly Brown; 06-15-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Hi,

Any advise please for a bag to suit the Epic-W equiped and not too heavy ?

I'm interested in these bags :
    - Tenba Cineluxe Shoulder Bag 21 or 24
    - CineBags CB11 Production Bag Mini

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond Beaumont View Post
    Here is another solution for you if you have a Pelican 1510...

These are backpack straps for the Pelican 1510...

The 1510 is designed for airline carry on and you should be able to get a bare bones package in it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271220707486?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

I use this with 1510 (only Mountain Hiking, not everyday use)
    https://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Adap...93d921d1010d5a

But CineBags CB25B is my go to...
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...op+Nav-Search=
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

I've been through many backpacks and have settled on a couple.

I did have the manfrotto minibee for my stills stuff but that wasn't quite big enough for an Epic set up.

So a larger version of that is the 36 3in1, that's good enough but i recently took the epic to nice and monaco in a Vanguard Alta Rise 45. This is a simple well designed backpack, it's comfortable and i was able to hold Epic-W, EVF, Batteries, a handle, filters and 4 lenses. Lenses in the top part of the bag (with exception of a 100mm lower). I couldn't find a better fit for lightweight hauling.

Vanguard wasn't an obvious choice but actually i felt it was really good. Some of their Alta packs look good too for larger configs, the Sky range.

(I have the EVF on a wooden camera quick release adapter, so i store that separately and it takes a few seconds to attach it to the side EVF mount, the benefit of the quick release system is that it pushes the EVF out another cm or so and being a leftie eye that makes life easier too

cheers
    Paul

Plus One for the Loewe Pro! It fits the Brain with monitor and Sidehandle attached and 2 95 Vmounts easy. A the 18-35 and the 85mm Sigma art. Nice and small package!
    IMAGINATION | A CAMERA | A LENS and a RED MINI MAG
    THAT´S ALL WE NEED