Resurrecting this old thread... After nearly drop-kicking a REDRAY Player down a hallway today. I have yet to find *ANY* AV Receiver that is compatible with the REDRAY player. The HDMI audio port seems to address this to some degree, but it's also not 100% reliable and there's no way to disable audio out of the other HDMI ports. To add to this, the player seems to have huge HDCP registration issues and it's brain-dead when it comes to EDID locking and mode assignment.

Some of these issues go away or are lessened to a significant degree if we just run 1080p out of the HD port. Trying to pass 4K from the REDRAY through a 4K AV Receiver is an exercise in futility.

As to Marc's comment above about HDMI being flakey, I have to dispute that. Very few devices these days have compatibility issues, even the cheap consumer stuff. I don't really want to dig at RED on this, but they should never have EOL'd the REDRAY player until they at least cleared up the HDMI connectivity issues. As it is, I find the player barely useable without significant effort in working around all its flaws. I still have no solution to use it with my Sony 4K projector other than routing it through a 4K HDMI matrix that replicates an EDID from a compatible [to the RedRay] Samsung HDMI 1.4 4K TV. It still exhibits intermittent drop-outs and requires separate audio through the AV receiver to make it run properly as the video has to bypass the AVR, regardless of which EDID info I feed the thing. It seems to be a combination of HDCP and audio problems.

Honestly, I'd just sell the REDRAY player and move on, but I think I would feel like a complete douchebag if I charged someone money and handed over this thing.

The REDRAY does run 100% reliably when connected directly to my Samsung F9000 4KTV. Unfortunately, it's become a problem there because this is the 2013 55" with the upgradeable OneConnect box. Well, I have to leave the HDMI 1.4 version of the OneConnect from last year connected. Moving to the HDMI 2.0 box breaks REDRAY compatibility unless I route through the HDMI matrix or an EDID box. However, routing through those introduces the intermittent blank-outs due to what appears to be the HDCP locking or handshake issues.