Thread: pegasus vs. Areca 8050T2

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Hi all- I've been using the Areca 8050T2 since May 2014. Have WesternDigital 4TB REs in the first five bays set up in RAID 6 and WesternDigital 2TB Caviar Black drives in the remaining three bays, 6, 7, and 8.

Per the support I got from Areca, I set up drives 6, 7, and 8 as "pass through disks" via the software manager. Have not any any hiccups or problems until I tried to take one of the pass through disks out to make room for another drive. When I placed the first drive back in it's original bay, the unit is not recognizing it. It's still displaying the RAID setup and the other two pass through disks that I have not yet taken out since I installed and initialized them.

The web manager sees the slot I was using to swap as "free". When doing the swap, I powered down the computer and Areca unit. Also, I plugged in the original pass through disk to a VoyagerQ toaster and was able to access all the contents that way, although don't want to use that as a permanent solution as it's USB3.

Any guidance on this would be helpful.

Have you tried creating pass through disk again, i often have to create pass through disk again when removing drives like you mentioned.
    It doesn't wipe anything from the drive.

Thanks Troy, that did the trick. My main concern was that it would wipe the existing content but everything works fine. Thanks again.