Thread: LEICA R on RED: Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196
Results 1,951 to 1,956 of 1956
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Beautiful frames Tim! The Contax megathread made my wallet pretty angry and now the Leica thread is threatening my wallet as well.

Who graded these?
    Hahaha I hear ya!! Thank you - I graded them myself.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    timsessler.com & brooklynaerials.com | RED Monstro 8K VV

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sessler View Post
    Hahaha I hear ya!! Thank you - I graded them myself.
    Do you have any insight on how you pulled those colors from Helium? I'm especially loving the deep blues in the pool water and the greens and flames in the frame just below that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Do you have any insight on how you pulled those colors from Helium? I'm especially loving the deep blues in the pool water and the greens and flames in the frame just below that one.
    Sorry I should have mentioned that my grades were based on the Linny LUT. Used their IPP2 transform and the Type N look for the majority of it.
    Did some tweaking from there but the honestly the LUT is doing A LOT of really beautiful things.

Here are a couple more frame from the same shoot that didn't make it into the edit. This time with the Type T look:

Shot the entire film using Panavisions/Light Irons DXL2 LUT but honestly prefer the LINNY look. It pulls something really interesting out of the sensor that I haven't seen from other LUTs.

Hope this answers your questions. Sorry again for missing to mention that before ;)
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    timsessler.com & brooklynaerials.com | RED Monstro 8K VV

Quote Originally Posted by Asok kumar View Post
    Mark,ur valuable opinion on Leica Apo 180 mm f/3.4 modified for cinimatography? regards Dr ashok
    Hi Dr. ashok, guess I missed your question last month. Not sure if its still relevant but on the long end, especially mid-to-long distance subjects, the 180/3.4 APO is an amazing lens especially for that vintage. It was originally designed for a U.S. Navy High Resolution Camera System in the early 1970s. Then later in the '70s Leica updated the coatings to capture better skin-tones, etc. for public release. Even though there are certainly sharper contemporary telephotos, this one has great Leica vintage character that you won't find today (vintage film-like rendering). The images it captures are reminiscent of National Geographic photos from the late '70s and early '80s. A later one from '90s will probably render a bit sharper with a cooler color palette and should fit in well with other Leica R lenses produced in the '90s.
    Cinematographer Photographer
    Epic-W Epic-Dragon M Leica R Lens Sets

Tim, those frames and the grade look great! Will this be available to watch online?
    Cinematographer Photographer
    Epic-W Epic-Dragon M Leica R Lens Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Tim, those frames and the grade look great! Will this be available to watch online?
    He posted it here:
    http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....o-w-Linny-LUT)