Thread: Clearance in Progress from Fedex Track

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Clearance in Progress from Fedex Track 
    Banned
    Hello

I just ordered a Nikon Mount, aparently from tracking my Fedex code, its arrived here in Portugal since this morning, 10 hours ago and its still saying "Clearance in Progress".. now i know the Portuguese are slow, but come ooonn...

Do i have to go to customs to pick it up or will Fedex do that for me?
    Perhaps its faster if i go?

George

Sometimes that means Fedex is waiting for you to call and tell them how you will be paying for the customs charges.

Call them. Fedex has the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by cinemano View Post
    Hello

I just ordered a Nikon Mount, aparently from tracking my Fedex code, its arrived here in Portugal since this morning, 10 hours ago and its still saying "Clearance in Progress".. now i know the Portuguese are slow, but come ooonn...

Do i have to go to customs to pick it up or will Fedex do that for me?
    Perhaps its faster if i go?

George
    My RED is sitting in customs. Same message "clearance in progress". It has been 24hrs now.

My FEDEX broker told me that all we can do is wait.

I said how long? She said, it depends on when they get to it. A couple of days?

That is when the tears came...

Dylan Macleod
    Cinematographer
    Toronto, Canada
    www.dylanmacleod.com

Banned
    oooh crap.. was afraid of that. Well im gona go to customs then myself with a print-out of the bill. Most of the time i get it myself there. Usually they charge me taxes and let me go.. IF I waited they would send me a letter saying its at customs like two weeks from now. :D

Quote Originally Posted by dmacleod View Post

My FEDEX broker told me that all we can do is wait.

[/url]
    You should go to collect it from airport it is faster than you still waiting here :pinch:

Banned
    Here is goes to a large post office in lower center of town, which is their customs, doesnt stay at the airport. But i usually go there, no problem.. Just a lot of paperwork, they have tons and tons of packages collecting dust.. We need Indiana Jones to break in with his whip and to "free" all the kidnapped mail for all those poor souls who never recieved their mail.. hehe

My camera took 10 days to make it over to Paris because of problems with FedEx and customs. I guess I just got unlucky. Communication with FedEx was not very good, to say the least.
    Steven-Marc Couchouron
    SMC Productions

Make sure to communicate to Fedex the right TARIC code for the camera.
    ecmp media production / Red Epic-X #457 / Red One Cameras MX #1276 & #6585 / Optimo 24-290 / 2 x Ruby 14-24 Zooms / 2 x Red Pro Primes / 2 x Red Pro 300mm / 2 x O'Connor 2575 D
    www.ecmp-prod.com

i hate fed ex the hardest thing about being a red owner is having to deal with fed ex.