Thread: Resolve Conform

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You should use reelID help : Embedding in the source clip files. Else it will be just wrong.

Conform needs file name, reelID and TC. At the time being it seems you are depending only on the filename and TC. It's not enough.

Rivai

Quote Originally Posted by RivaiC View Post
    You should use reelID help : Embedding in the source clip files. Else it will be just wrong.

Conform needs file name, reelID and TC. At the time being it seems you are depending only on the filename and TC. It's not enough.

Rivai
    Okay, so what should my "Source clip file pathname" Pattern look like?

I experimented a little more and found the answer here.
    if anyone runs into this issue again, the combination is "embedded in the source clip" enabled, "Assist using reel names from the:" enabled, and "Embedding in source clip file" enabled. Plus "Extract reel names from EDL comments" enabled, and "Sort timeline using reel name and timecode" enabled. That appears to do the trick for a perfect conform where Resolve finds the correct clips and timecode the first time without ANY clip needing to be Conflict resolution in the timeline. Yay, me!
    Attached Images

hey everyone, I'm having trouble with frame handles on my re conform in premiere. I export timeline via xml from premiere cc, import xml to resolve, grade etc, deliver and specify to add 48 for frame handles, and upon re conform in premiere, only the last clip is able to be slipped. no other clip in the timeline can be adjusted at all. anyone else had this problem? I need frame handles to re apply speed ramps since davinci ignores speed changes as well as just general edit tweaks. any help would be very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Spillyards View Post
    hey everyone, I'm having trouble with frame handles on my re conform in premiere. I export timeline via xml from premiere cc, import xml to resolve, grade etc, deliver and specify to add 48 for frame handles, and upon re conform in premiere, only the last clip is able to be slipped. no other clip in the timeline can be adjusted at all. anyone else had this problem? I need frame handles to re apply speed ramps since davinci ignores speed changes as well as just general edit tweaks. any help would be very much appreciated
    I had the same thing happen to me. It was my first Resolve 9 project and I was not making proper selections in the delivery room timeline. As a result the render settings that I thought I was applying to a range of clips were only being applied to the last clip of my range. (Shift clicking appears to to the job, but in v9 it does NOT.)

It isn't clear from what you have told us where you are slipping up, but you might want to take another look at Defining a Range of Clips and Versions to Render. In the Resolve 9 manual it is Chapter 8 pg. 578 .

thanks scott! right clicking int he timeline and pressing select all solved it other than the first flip. every clip has handles but the very first one in the timeline. this will be find in 99 percent of situations but do you have any thought on why it may not affect the first clip? this is going to save me loads of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Spillyards View Post
    thanks scott! right clicking int he timeline and pressing select all solved it other than the first flip. every clip has handles but the very first one in the timeline. this will be find in 99 percent of situations but do you have any thought on why it may not affect the first clip? this is going to save me loads of time.
    Maybe the source material doesn't have 96 additional frames to add?