Thread: Resolve Conform

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Resolve Conform 
    So, I was given a consolidated R3D folder containing all the clips associated with 6 REEL EDL's for a feature. I imported all the R3D's into the Media Pool, created a new timeline containing all the clips and imported my first EDL. It conformed the sequence but most of the clips need to be substituted in favor of the correct clip in the conflict resolution.
    It appears Resolve is taking Source file name 2nd in command to timecode which is conflicting with other clips that have similar timecode. So, is there a way to tell Resolve to force the source filename from the EDL first and then look for timecode which should yield less (or almost no innacuracies)?
    I can manually go in and find all the correct clips in conflict resolution but that is a huge pain in the ass. Another work around which is quite time consuming would be to put the source clips from each reel into a individual folder in the media pool and tell Resolve to only look in that folder to find the timecode of the clips it needs and that should be more accurate but again another time consuming pain in the ass.
    This is what was really nice about Scratch conform. Input the EDL and viola. Please tell me there is a simple file extension I can tell Resolve to force a solid conform without these other workarounds?

Make sure to select ignore file entension and de-select add source files to media pool. This will force it to re-link to the R3D's already in the media pool. Make sure none of the proxies are in your media pool. This is all available in the EDL import options.

Also check your project settings that the proper options are selected:

You can select the assist using reel names from: Source clip filename etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
    Make sure to select ignore file entension and de-select add source files to media pool. This will force it to re-link to the R3D's already in the media pool. Make sure none of the proxies are in your media pool. This is all available in the EDL import options.
    Hi Matt, its not an issue of it not relinking to the R3D's from the Proxies or ProResHQ transcodes. It relinks to the R3d's just fine. Its that Resolve is conforming the sequence with a LOT of the clips being the wrong clip in the conformed timeline and I need to go into a lot of clips and tell it which clip in the conflict resolution box is the correct one of the two or three options it has of matching timecode. So, what I need to know is if there is a way to force Resolve to find the source file name and then the timecode so that it will automatically create the conform clips properly without having to go into the conflict resolution for every other clip (exaggeration) to force it to the correct clip.
    Or basically need to know, what code needs be manually put into the "Assist using reel names from the:" Source clip file pathname; dialogue box to avoid this conform issue?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeburton View Post
    Hi Matt, its not an issue of it not relinking to the R3D's from the Proxies or ProResHQ transcodes. It relinks to the R3d's just fine. Its that Resolve is conforming the sequence with a LOT of the clips being the wrong clip in the conformed timeline and I need to go into a lot of clips and tell it which clip in the conflict resolution box is the correct one of the two or three options it has of matching timecode. So, what I need to know is if there is a way to force Resolve to find the source file name and then the timecode so that it will automatically create the conform clips properly without having to go into the conflict resolution for every other clip (exaggeration) to force it to the correct clip.
    Or basically need to know, what code needs be manually put into the "Assist using reel names from the:" Source clip file pathname; dialogue box to avoid this conform issue?
    Did you try the reel assist option?

Did you try the reel assist option?
    I tried using the default option that is in there and that didn't seem to be correct.

I tried using the default option that is in there and that didn't seem to be correct.
    What editing software are you using?

What editing software are you using?
    The show used FCP7, sent me CMX3600 EDLs. BTW, these EDL's conform perfectly in Scratch.

The show used FCP7, sent me CMX3600 EDLs. BTW, these EDL's conform perfectly in Scratch.
    I have a lot of conform problems with Resolve. Usually playing around with different options fixes it but never know how. I wish it was simple, automatic, and just worked...

From what I hear FCPX and XML's work nicely as does the round trip but this simple EDL method should be automatic.